Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 1 Lost Character Slot
11-09-2011, 07:21 AM
Ok, Tried to submit this in game, but apparently its not recognizing tickets.

Yesterday I deleted an old character when I came up with a new Fed character concept. The character I deleted was G'arret Jax, a Klingon Engineer (Klingon faction). However, after I did so and tried to make a new character there was no character slot available. Instead, the link to "Buy 2 more character slots" was the only thing available.. Yeah, umm.. no. Not going to happen.. Not going to buy whats already mine. Please, either un-delete the character, or return the slot, but making me buy more slots when clearly I should have one available is not going to happen.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-09-2011, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis_Wolfheart
Ok, Tried to submit this in game, but apparently its not recognizing tickets.

Yesterday I deleted an old character when I came up with a new Fed character concept. The character I deleted was G'arret Jax, a Klingon Engineer (Klingon faction). However, after I did so and tried to make a new character there was no character slot available. Instead, the link to "Buy 2 more character slots" was the only thing available.. Yeah, umm.. no. Not going to happen.. Not going to buy whats already mine. Please, either un-delete the character, or return the slot, but making me buy more slots when clearly I should have one available is not going to happen.
you are not alone in this, I HAD 7 slots open a week or two ago, checked today, had 6 deleted my foundry character to test it, still have 6, so I've now lost 2 slots for no reason without a word as to why, and considering I've either earned or bought those slots, that is highly troubling to me. it smacks of something bad.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-09-2011, 03:36 PM
To quote the most genius and modest forum member arround:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post
I had a chat with someone from Cryptic support yesterday and asked him about the missing character slots...
He said that would be a "known issue" and "under investigation".... so I asume that is not purpose....
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-15-2011, 08:45 AM
Bumping this thread since there's still no official word on it from Cryptic. We are *many* people now who either lost our last free slot or lost a slot deleting our last char.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-16-2011, 09:15 AM
I read in one of the other threads that Lifetime subs get 2 character slots and I had forgotten about this.

By my calculations I should have 9 not 8 :S

9 = 2 + 1 (Unlock KDF) + 2 (LTS) + 1 (300 Vet) + 2 (C Store) + 1 (Foundry).

Have I got something wrong? In any case I also deleted 1 recently and couldn't make a new one, and i found threads dating back to August, 3 months ago.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-16-2011, 12:55 PM
This brings up a point. I want a page that lists out EVERY SINGLE ITEM that I've purchased or unlocked in the game. Other f2p games I've tried did this, and it was much appreciated. At the least it gives me a log and proof of ownership if things go awry. I don't get too upset if things go awry, computers can be strange sometimes. What does irritate me is that there's nowhere I can go to that shows what it is I have bought and on, in one master list.
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-19-2011, 09:19 AM
I also am missing a character slot. I have the Collector's Edition, which comes with 4 slots to start (once you unlock Klingon play, which I've done.) I recently bought 2 more from the store to make sure I had enough for whatever. However, instead of having 6 character slots, I have 5. This is unacceptable, as is the non-explanation that it is a "known bug." Fix it. No excuses, just get it fixed. I paid money out of my pocket for 2 character slots, not 1. 500 C-Store credits is $6.25 (USD.) This may not sound like a lot of money, but it's still money that I paid to you for 2 character slots, I want my other slot.
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-20-2011, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by transpetaflops View Post
Bumping this thread since there's still no official word on it from Cryptic. We are *many* people now who either lost our last free slot or lost a slot deleting our last char.
This happened to me today. I deleted a character, with the intention of creating a new one, but then was told I had no slots free. I've submitted a ticket, but judging by what I've seen in the forum, I'm now becoming kind of cynical about STO's devotion to us long-term players. I hope they don't start screwing us over in favor of their new F2P friends.
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-20-2011, 05:00 PM
Adding my name to the list of the many whom have lost a character slot due to deleting with the intent to fill with a new character. Must admit, the fact there's multiple threads on this topic with the same Cryptic GM response of "known issue, working on it" doesn't necessarily fill me with expectation of having that character slot back prior-to F2P.
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-21-2011, 12:04 AM
I too lost a character slot, which is disturbing in that I supported Cryptic by buying many slots to make 1 character for each race, both Fed and Klink Faction, Crazy I know but I am a fan of Star Trek. A week ago, when I deleted several of my toons to remake them due to having bad traits (They need a trait Respec badly) - one of my slots went missing.

I am growing very tired of how slow Cryptic is addressing these issues, these are some serious gameplay issues.

Several days ago, on Klink side, one of my Klink toons just reached Commander rank, I then went to buy the commander level raptor, exited into space, and guess what? I got disconnected:

Now everytime I try logging into her I keep getting disconnected - I am afraid of deleting her because now I may lose another slot, TALK ABOUT A CATCH 22.

So whats it going to be?

They need to address this, why is there no words from Cryptic?

Why aren't any of the Devs posting something about this on these threads?

Why aren't they resolving, patching, or doing something about their current game population woes?
Closed Thread