Lt. Commander
... Or at leat I think it.

She take too damage. With the same config, another cruisers take less damage than odyssey. I'm try several config, and I'wll continue with it... but at same equipment and with no use of BOff, Odyssey take more damage, and her shield down so quickly.

Someone have the same impressions?.

Thanks.

Thanks for the fun, sorry for my bad english.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2012, 07:07 PM
I spent a couple of hours on mine tonight and didn't notice any shield difference between my Odyssey and Galaxy R. They both have the same turn rates too. You might be noticing the nerf in the shield regen consoles that is bugged and waiting to be fixed.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-02-2012, 07:11 PM
Well it also didnt feel like i was doing as much damage either on the dailys i usuallt kill pretty quick seemed to take longer with this new ship tried it on 3 diffrent toons all felt longer.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-02-2012, 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckeon
Well it also didnt feel like i was doing as much damage either on the dailys i usuallt kill pretty quick seemed to take longer with this new ship tried it on 3 diffrent toons all felt longer.
Stock cruisers get +5 weapons power while the Odyssey gets +0. If you didn't compensate for that when setting your new system power levels then it would seem a little weaker then a standard cruiser. Of course the extra +10 on shields and aux would make they Odyssey more resistent then the stock cruiser which only gets +5 there.

Other then that, assuming the same final weapons setting, same weapons, and same consoles they Odyssey wouldn't be any damage producing weaker then any other cruiser.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-02-2012, 07:30 PM
Yeah, it does seem as though the shields drop a lot easier than they did on my Excelsior. In fact, it seems like that was the case on the other T5 cruisers I played with. I intend to stick with this ship for the long haul (including the C-store variant), so I'll be playing with it some more and see if I can't get the shields to hold like they did on the Excelsior.

I love the ship otherwise, even with it's dumptruck-in-space turnrate.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-02-2012, 07:39 PM
You guys check your +35% shield console for the changes? Or that the new bugged ship math for the sci take over of shield skills?
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-02-2012, 07:54 PM
I'm tickled pink that the Odyssey isn't turning out to be the one-shot-wonder so many of the kiddies were hoping for. When I tried to point this out prior to today, I mostly got "STFU n0Ob! U don noe wut u r talkin bout!!!111oneone" in response.

Nice to now see that people are finally realizing what I've been saying all along.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-02-2012, 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminMaxwell View Post
I'm tickled pink that the Odyssey isn't turning out to be the one-shot-wonder so many of the kiddies were hoping for. When I tried to point this out prior to today, I mostly got "STFU n0Ob! U don noe wut u r talkin bout!!!111oneone" in response.

Nice to now see that people are finally realizing what I've been saying all along.
you tried to warn us, and none of us listened, and now we are all suffering so badly it hurts..it hurts deep deep inside, if only we had realized the truth that you had been pointing out all along, maybe some of us would have been spared this horrible tragedy. I can only pray that all of us seek out your wisdom in the future, and that the damage can somehow be a lesson in humility towards the vast knowledge you tried to give us.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-02-2012, 11:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminMaxwell View Post

It is an established maxim and moral that he who makes an assertion without knowing whether it is true or false is guilty of falsehood, and the accidental truth of the assertion does not justify or excuse him.
-- Abraham Lincoln