Lt. Commander
# 31
02-02-2012, 04:39 PM
I'm guessing the Founder(s) we saw in the trailer were onboard those ships from the time they disappeared, correct? I assume you'll reference the fact that they'd still be infected with Section 31's morphogenic virus too, right?
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-02-2012, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amosov
I'm guessing the Founder(s) we saw in the trailer were onboard those ships from the time they disappeared, correct? I assume you'll reference the fact that they'd still be infected with Section 31's morphogenic virus too, right?
Yes they would (theoretically speaking), but I'd assume by now they found a way to counteract it.

However when the vorta/shapeshifter said "Miss us" my first thought ofa reply was "..Oh hai, not really been dealing with Borg after we mopped the floor with your friends"
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-02-2012, 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amosov
In Sacrifice of Angels, the Founders weren't showing symptoms yet. I'm not even sure if they were aware of it yet, but with only 5 weeks of story, I don't think they'll be around long enough for it to come into play.
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-02-2012, 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
In Sacrifice of Angels, the Founders weren't showing symptoms yet. I'm not even sure if they were aware of it yet, but with only 5 weeks of story, I don't think they'll be around long enough for it to come into play.
I was more wondering if it could be used to "resolve" the conflict in a more Trek orientated way. Have the Federation contact the present day Dominion to aid them in stopping an all out war by offering to cure the infected Founders would make sense.

Also, is the "Rapier" mission going to be updated with that new wormhole interior?
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-02-2012, 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
Well that's going on the assumption it was some sort of temporal disturbance that just shoved them to our time. But with her saying what she did, I assume they were taken elsewhere, so odds are they had to deal with it.

But guess we won't know till next week.. (or somewhere after that hehe)
Lt. Commander
# 36
02-02-2012, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Askray View Post
Well that's going on the assumption it was some sort of temporal disturbance that just shoved them to our time. But with her saying what she did, I assume they were taken elsewhere, so odds are they had to deal with it.

But guess we won't know till next week.. (or somewhere after that hehe)
Well, remember that Bajoran poet? He did the same basic thing - disappeared in the wormhole, popped back out a few hundred years later. He was aware of the passage of time, but didn't physically live through it (obviously). Sisko implied the same when the prophets took him. I'm assuming the same basic thing happened to these.
Lt. Commander
# 37
02-02-2012, 05:24 PM
I love watching these trailers!
Lt. Commander
# 38
02-02-2012, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intricated View Post
A fair amount of (potentially) new gampley mechanics showcased in the trailer (some already seen in recent screenshots/videos), I hope things like "talking heads" on the viewscreen of Ops, space-walking (DURING an epic space battle), and space travel while in starship (or shuttle) interior are actually possible now in-game rather than CG-magic.
This.

The trailer is excellent, that's true, I just hope everything that was shown is doable - especially the runabout piloting and Ops viewscreen. If it does happen, it bodes very well for further content!
Lt. Commander
# 39
02-02-2012, 06:06 PM
Ok, I won't lie the first Star trek movie I saw was the new one that was in the movie threaters, and I just started playing STO when it went F2P. So what the heck is The 2800? Are they something that was made just for the game or are they from actual episodes of Star trek, making whatever proir events has caused their hate for us before the Fed and KDF war? Or did the Feds and the KDF do a whole the enemy of my enemy is my friend, we will kill each other again after we kill them pact like it appears they will again from the trailer? Is the 2800 2800 ships and/or people, or is it people and ship traveling back in time from the year 2800 to kill us?

Sorry for all the questions.
Lt. Commander
# 40
02-02-2012, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Yes they would (theoretically speaking), but I'd assume by now they found a way to counteract it.D
The '2800' disappeared near the conclusion of the episode 'Sacrifice of Angels' (6x06).
The Founders were infected by the Morphogenic virus in the episode 'Broken Link' (4x26).
The cure wasn't developed by Doctor Bashir until Season 7 (7x23)
... and introduced to the Founders through Odo, at the conclusion of Season 7 (7x26).

As such, the '2800' would be completely unknowing about the cure, nor would they be showing any symptoms (the Female Changeling didn't start showing signs, until Season 7).

Quote:
Time is not linear for the Prophets. If they decided to relocate the '2800' to another time, they could either wind up in the past, or in the future (from our perspective). The comment of "Missed us?" could be nothing more, than the fact that the 2800 ships were waiting on the other side of the wormhole, for several months while the Dominion/Cardassian alliance attempted to dismantle the minefield.

In the episode 'Accession' (4x17), it is revealed that a famous Bajoran poet who "disappeared" many years earlier, was in fact taken in by the Prophets, and then later returned to Bajor, after the occupation. The poet was aware of the passage of time, but was returned to the "present" unharmed, and unaged.

The same possibility could apply to the disappearance of the '2800' ... Hopefully these questions will all be answered in the Feature Episodes. Also hoping for a voice over by "The Sisko" (aka Avery Brooks).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorosh15
Ok, I won't lie the first Star trek movie I saw was the new one that was in the movie threaters, and I just started playing STO when it went F2P. So what the heck is The 2800? Are they something that was made just for the game or are they from actual episodes of Star trek, making whatever proir events has caused their hate for us before the Fed and KDF war? Or did the Feds and the KDF do a whole the enemy of my enemy is my friend, we will kill each other again after we kill them pact like it appears they will again from the trailer? Is the 2800 2800 ships and/or people, or is it people and ship traveling back in time from the year 2800 to kill us?

Sorry for all the questions.
See above. All episode references, are to the series 'Deep Space Nine' (DS9)