Lt. Commander
# 41
02-02-2012, 08:06 PM
Nice trailer, I will reserve judgement for the final product.

Experience indicates caution.
Lt. Commander
# 42
02-02-2012, 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShirtJohnson
how can they return? if the scattered the ships across time and the crews vanished. Plot hole #1 but hay, what ever. looks like a fun series. can't wait to play
These are the fleet of Dominion Ships that the Prophets disappeared during the Dominion War. The Prophets got rid of them so Sisko and cew didn't have to deal with them during the war. But we have to deal with them now. As far as they are concerned, the Dominion War is still on.
Lt. Commander
# 43
02-02-2012, 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strorus
I have only watch 30-40% of DS9, but remmeber reading/seeing something about an episode where the prophets make thousands of Jem'Hadar Ships in the worm hole disappear.

Am I correct? If so, is the FE series you think about the return of these ships?

Intriguing...
If your right that this is the return of those ships, I am going to laugh because that is a good guess
Lt. Commander
# 44
02-02-2012, 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadnought05 View Post
This.

The trailer is excellent, that's true, I just hope everything that was shown is doable - especially the runabout piloting and Ops viewscreen. If it does happen, it bodes very well for further content!
It is all in game, look up in the thread a dev already confirmed
Lt. Commander
# 45
02-02-2012, 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koppenflak
Ah crud....

Just when the neighbourhood was peaceful again.

*straps on MACO boots*

"Get off my lawn!"
lol, yeah let's show those bug ships our boom sticks!
Lt. Commander
# 46
02-02-2012, 09:40 PM
i really hope the ships you fight that are a part of this 40 years out of date fleet are noticeably inferior to the 2409 spec ships we have been fighting. thats a long time, and there's been nothing but cold and hot war since then, there should be a big difference between modern ships and those 2800.

though i doubt they can be bothered to give them unique stats, they didn't for the D7s you fight in the time travel tos episodes.
Lt. Commander
# 47
02-02-2012, 09:47 PM
That was a pretty damn awesome trailer. I really hope actual game play includes a main view screen conversation.

And the space walking looks great. Makes me wonder if we'll be able to move in 3D during space walks or if it's just a new walk animation that makes you appear to float on the ground.
Lt. Commander
# 48
02-02-2012, 09:48 PM
I want to clarify my statement made earlier where someone asked if what they were seeing was all CG - all the footage was made via a cutscene tool using our game assets in new maps from the series - but yes there is a map with a shuttle interior that was shot just as you see it and yes you get to do an amazing spacewalk outside - the video teases the entire story span of the whole series not just episode 1 and many parts of the video shows content that is not finished hence the use of our cutscene engine. I am seeing people post things like you can pilot a shuttle from it's helm - that is not what what I meant by it wasn't CG. I never said it wasn't an NPC at the helm. The STO team has some great new environments , engaging story and some new amazing tech launching with this series and like you I will be hanging out on the 11th to give it a spin and be amazed.
Lt. Commander
# 49
02-02-2012, 09:50 PM
*salutes*
HAIL THE FOUNDERS AND THE DOMINION!

GIEF DOMINION PLAYER FACTION!!!

Woo soo excited for this episode story arch!
Lt. Commander
# 50
02-02-2012, 09:57 PM
epic
/10char