Lt. Commander
# 101
02-03-2012, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmGillis View Post
So.. these guys disappeared 30 years ago... and now are reappearing. Since we've had 30 years of tech advancement, and learned how to overcome Dominion ship tech, this should be like shooting fish in a barrel.
Have you seen all the Mirandas? Not exactly an advanced fleet. Plus, I think it is the sheer numbers that will do the most. One on one, Borg probes are no match for my ship. But get a hundred of them and my ship gets ripped apart. 2800 ships is a lot of ships and would have turned the war against the Federation before the personnel shortages. I was made captain of a ship as an Ensign! Starfleet isn't really swimming in personnel right now.

Edit: Gah! Got ninja'd while I was copy-editing. :p
Lt. Commander
# 102
02-03-2012, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manx View Post
Except that, with everyone already at war with each other, nobody is really prepared for a fleet of almost 3000 hostile ships coming out of nowhere. Can't see 30 years being enough of a development gap to keep this from hurting.

More like there's no known threat to come from the wormhole and everyone was caught off guard.
Lt. Commander
# 103
02-03-2012, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rand_Altair
I'm looking forward to flying the Jem'Hadar Attack Ship +1 which will be the series reward.
Funny... I am certain the reward will not be a JAF (they have said as much) or any other Jem'Hadar ship (CBS wouldn't approve)...

Personally, I'm hoping its not a BO... maybe a cool new device like the cane... we could always use more devices...

Just please not *another* BO...
Lt. Commander
# 104
02-03-2012, 02:58 PM
I'm pretty sure we'll see the Jem'Hadar melee weapons in there somewhere.
Lt. Commander
# 105
02-03-2012, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmGillis View Post
So.. these guys disappeared 30 years ago... and now are reappearing. Since we've had 30 years of tech advancement, and learned how to overcome Dominion ship tech, this should be like shooting fish in a barrel.
Remember to that it's been over 30 years sense the war ended. Once the threat ended attentions turned to other endeavors. The Dominion were at the peak of the tech scale then, after 30 years, Fed and Klingon tech should be about even with the old Dominion tech by now.
Lt. Commander
# 106
02-03-2012, 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilarium View Post
Remember to that it's been over 30 years sense the war ended. Once the threat ended attentions turned to other endeavors. The Dominion were at the peak of the tech scale then, after 30 years, Fed and Klingon tech should be about even with the old Dominion tech by now.
What do we do if they decide to start ramming us again...?
Lt. Commander
# 107
02-03-2012, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancer_Vance View Post
Well said sir!!
Yes and no.

It ignored the ability to roleplay an admiral exclusively via DOFFs.
Lt. Commander
# 108
02-03-2012, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jheinig View Post
Come on over to my desk tomorrow and I'll show you. It's really cooooool.
I'll see ya' then.

Fuzun
Lt. Commander
# 109
02-03-2012, 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manx View Post
Except that, with everyone already at war with each other, nobody is really prepared for a fleet of almost 3000 hostile ships coming out of nowhere. Can't see 30 years being enough of a development gap to keep this from hurting.
Also, as I posted in the news thread, remember the Dominion seemed to have the technological upper hand on the Federation during the war. Aside from retaking DS9, it was defeat after defeat until the Romulans joined. Of the three largest ships in the allied fleets, the Galaxy, Negh'var, and D'derix, only the Negh'var didn't get wrecked regularly by the Jem'hadar (only one Galaxy was actually shown destroyed by them, but several had holes blown clean through their saucers, and numerous warbirds were destroyed, and they were solidly superior ships to the Galaxy). On the other side, a handful of the Jemhadar's largest class were destroyed, often at a high cost as a huge chunk of the Federation and Klingon fleets were made up of ships that got thrashed in large numbers in every engagement.

Consider that player ships solidly outclass most Jemhadar ships now. I think it's a viable argument that we've already felt the benefit of that 30 year tech gap fighting their "modern" ships.
Lt. Commander
# 110
02-03-2012, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aelfwin View Post
Errr , now seriously -- it seems like the feds are teaming up with the Klingons again ... !

And as usual the Klingons will protest the tactical plans.

SF Adm: All Starfleet force willl handle 1/2 of the ships, and KDF forces will..
KDF Adm: I must protest these plans. They are whole inequitable.
SF Adm: If these force distributions don't meet with your approval, What do you suggest Admiral?
KDF Adm: The Klingon Forces will handle 2000 of the ships. The Federation may deal with the leftovers.