Lt. Commander
# 31
02-03-2012, 01:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackV7
Tumerboy, any hint on what the final FE reward will be? I'm hoping for a Jem Hedar vessel.
From what was said by Captain Geko on Podcast UGC a couple of weeks ago, CBS will not allow the Jem Hadar ship to be anything but Ultra Rare and nearly impossible to get. CBS did not want to "break" the IP by having all of the Feds and Klinks flying an enemy ship. It was one of the stipulations about letting them put it in the game at all.
I wouldn't mind a Jem Hadar BO, but really wouldn't care either (unless the ability or maybe weapon it came equipped with was cool.)
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-03-2012, 02:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Startruck
Ummm cause it's a video game? and not a realistic simulation of an entirely fictional universe that you will never live in....
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam062307 View Post
+1....thank you very much. Some people take not just this game, but the whole IP wayyyyy to seriously!
lol. cryptic, you will have nooooo problem impressing these people. the level of quality they are expecting is ever so higher then noting
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-03-2012, 02:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
do they give a good reason for an admiral to be walking around on the exterior of the station? because i cant really think of any justification for our characters to be doing that, regardless of the cool factor. a klingon general might be there because of omega force, but what about low level characters? stuff like this was thought through right? i sure hope so.
Killjoy much?
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-03-2012, 02:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumerboy View Post
We just played through the first episode the other day. It had some kinks to work out, but was pretty fun overall. I can't wait to walk around outside though!
That's just mean telling us you played this already Taco! :p
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-03-2012, 02:09 AM
That Vorta gurl voice-over was awesum! Eris will luv that.
Lt. Commander
# 36
02-03-2012, 02:26 AM
+1 for purple horta boff reward! :p
Lt. Commander
# 37
02-03-2012, 02:30 AM
All this work on a DS9 setting Feature series of episodes... and all I can ask myself is "does my Intrepid still fit on a Runabout Landing pad or did they at last put in the few minutes to properly adjust the station model's scale?"

And I find myself answering wearily with "no... they probably did not...".

sigh...
Lt. Commander
# 38
02-03-2012, 03:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikturscale View Post
From what was said by Captain Geko on Podcast UGC a couple of weeks ago, CBS will not allow the Jem Hadar ship to be anything but Ultra Rare and nearly impossible to get. CBS did not want to "break" the IP by having all of the Feds and Klinks flying an enemy ship. It was one of the stipulations about letting them put it in the game at all.
I wouldn't mind a Jem Hadar BO, but really wouldn't care either (unless the ability or maybe weapon it came equipped with was cool.)
So no hope for a Maquis raider then? Bah.
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthian
Yeah! We're all vice admirals! We should just sit at a desk and never fly a ship or beam down to any planet!!!! I can't wait to play that awesome game!!!
The game doesn't do admirals very well. We don't delegate anything, our bridge officers tell us what to do, people we outrank give us our orders sometimes, and we only have one ship and we can't even make it truly our flagship by deciding the weapon and boff layouts.

One big storyline in the Star Trek films was Kirk's inability to adjust to being an admiral. He just had to be out there commanding a starship. In the end he was "demoted" to do what he wanted to do anyway. I think we need a storyline mission to do just that for us. Let us get "demoted" to captain so the game makes sense again. Let us tell our boffs to do some of the tasks we do ourselves in the missions. Personally I think we should be Captain 50 and probably could have level cap increases that keep us at Captain and just change the number after the rank.

That said, I think eventually they do want to make a better system for being an admiral, where we can have boff-commanded pet ships (sort of an away team in space) and promote our favorite boffs to command them as captains. At least then we could be truly admirals, especially if we then choose a captain level boff to play on away teams.

Right now we don't act anything like admirals. As a Vice Admiral, I outrank 99.999% of the people in Starfleet. Everywhere I go people would be snapping to and giving a salute, men would be stammering when they talk to me, and lower ranks would attempt to look busy as I pass and talk about me when I'm gone. The game doesn't work like that. I am not so concerned about the fact that most of us are Vice Admirals, because the conceit of the game is that only one of us saved the SS Azura, only one of us defeated the Doomsday Device, etc. I pretend as if the only other admirals are the ones around me right now and the ones on my friends list. Add to that Admiral Quinn and a few others.

One thing that I don't like though is that the timeline stays static. Am I to understand that in ONE YEAR I went from ensign to admiral? Or even captain? The arc of time needs to progress and use stardates, etc.
Lt. Commander
# 40
02-03-2012, 03:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumerboy View Post
We just played through the first episode the other day. It had some kinks to work out, but was pretty fun overall. I can't wait to walk around outside though!
Holy spoiler, Batman! This is gonna be good.