Lt. Commander
# 1 Odyssey Cutscene and Mars
02-02-2012, 12:28 PM
Would've been a golden opportunity for some Trek theme music like the Shipyard Departure from The Motion Picture or the main theme from Generations during the Enterprise-B's launch.

BTW, there are some glitches that has caused CTDs during the cutscene playback.

With Mars, the shipyard is different than the one in the KDF mission. But adding Phobos and Demos (Mar's Moons) was a nice touch. Though seems a bit too close to mars and seems rather missized from my perspective.

Also the sun needs to match the sun in Earth's Orbit.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2012, 12:30 PM
Makes sense for it to be a different station than the one in the KDF mission, the Klingons kind of messed the place good on their way out.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-02-2012, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
Would've been a golden opportunity for some Trek theme music like the Shipyard Departure from The Motion Picture or the main theme from Generations during the Enterprise-B's launch.
I know, right? For me, all I heard was that creepy, TOS-style Romulanesque music. Did not fit the situation at all.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-02-2012, 01:17 PM
*Covers Eyes for Spoilers in Thread Topic*
Lt. Commander
If you haven't already, let Foundry authors use it for their missions.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-02-2012, 03:37 PM
Quote:

BTW, there are some glitches that has caused CTDs during the cutscene playback.

With Mars, the shipyard is different than the one in the KDF mission. But adding Phobos and Demos (Mar's Moons) was a nice touch. Though seems a bit too close to mars and seems rather missized from my perspective.

Also the sun needs to match the sun in Earth's Orbit.
if they could have, they would have added it but there are things like getting paying for the rights to use it (which is expensive)

but either way, music and slightly off things aside, it was a pretty cool cutscene to gloss over the Odyssey and watch her leave spacedock in Mars

plus, the ship has 6 Boff slots, KEEPING the Universal LtC and Ens slots, and ADDED an Eng Sci slot... so despite what we were told, the Odyssey only got added on to

i can only imagine what the +1 version will be like
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-02-2012, 04:01 PM
I assume much of this artwork was part of the planned expansion of the Sol system so long talked about - seems so long ago.

I hope this is just a taste of that expanded functionality and we will see more of these areas in the near future.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-02-2012, 04:04 PM
my only complaint is they start off on the back side of the ship meaning its in shadow and don't go fully around, which I would have much rather have them do, if you're only going to do one side of the ship you should go to the "lit" side so more can be seen of her.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-02-2012, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trek17
if they could have, they would have added it but there are things like getting paying for the rights to use it (which is expensive)

but either way, music and slightly off things aside, it was a pretty cool cutscene to gloss over the Odyssey and watch her leave spacedock in Mars

plus, the ship has 6 Boff slots, KEEPING the Universal LtC and Ens slots, and ADDED an Eng Sci slot... so despite what we were told, the Odyssey only got added on to

i can only imagine what the +1 version will be like
the ship you take on a test drive and the ship you get from the mission are 2 different ships.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-02-2012, 04:43 PM
The only question that it raised for me is this: why is the Sun larger and brighter at Mars than it is when we're seeing it at Earth?