Lt. Commander
Could we have it so that Odyssey reduces the cooldown by half instead of double the duration? Going at Warp 29.9 for 1 minute is about the distance required to go from Sol to Eta Eridani. So most uses of the Advanced Quantum Slipstream will not use the complete charge. Also turning while in Slipstream takes a while to make a right or left turn. With a smaller cooldown, we have more maneuverability seeing how turn rate sucks for Slipstream. Also, there is no difference in distance if the cooldown is reduced by half or the duration is doubled. The only real difference is that zone transitions would be handled better by a reduction in cooldown.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2012, 10:17 PM
I agree, you'll likely be where you need to go before the duration is up and it doesn't help if you need to make a turn after you leave systems.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-03-2012, 03:31 AM
The turn rate is supposed to be like that. As for the duration time, leave it! I love it. When they do and they will bring the the walls and improve the space around.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-03-2012, 12:25 PM
The problem is that certain sector exits force you into a completely idiotic direction. When I go to another sector, it doesn't make sense to be completely turned around. Not a huge concern when under normal warp, but wasting half your slipstream charge to turn around for a couple of seconds of slipstream in the other sector is ridiculous. Having turn rate based on speed would be another way to fix this problem. As long as there is a cooldown for Slipstream, the duration is too much.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-06-2012, 06:11 AM
Add pause button would be awesome!!! Keep the timer going. SO when you need to change a course pause slipstream than activate it. This I think would solve a lot of problems. But the devs designed the qsd the way they want it but since we are filling there pockets they could still take it under consideration.