Lt. Commander
# 11
02-02-2012, 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbeaumont
Heh, regen is pretty worthless.

Maco has an extra regen too, right?
negative doesnt look that way

I dont know I like the cap. The maco is basically a Super Resilient with its extra 10%
Why cant the khg be a super Covariant?
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-02-2012, 10:48 PM
That's interesting. I guess the Maco's get two bonuses to compensate that (power levels and 10% resist), but I think the KHG proc is probably better than both combined anyway. Will be interesting to see what Cryptic eventually decides to do with it.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-02-2012, 10:56 PM
Quote:
That's interesting. I guess the Maco's get two bonuses to compensate that (power levels and 10% resist), but I think the KHG proc is probably better than both combined anyway. Will be interesting to see what Cryptic eventually decides to do with it.
Its a dash hard for me to compare as I fly Science vessel with the maco so im quite happy with the resists, power gain.

And

I fly khg Bop so I live for the cap and the acc debuff.

it seems they were made for different gameplay and to directly compare them is tricky.

I wouldnt mind "testing" the khg with 1 less cap mod but knowing the c-men it would be nerfed to regen shield values.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-02-2012, 11:03 PM
Yes, hopefully they don't go overboard.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-03-2012, 08:28 AM
I'm not entirely sure on this, but I think that the KHG as a capx4 is intentional.

MACO has a +10% resist too, don't forget on top of it's awesome proc.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-03-2012, 12:36 PM
I'm still trying to figure out if that 10% resist is multiplicative like other shield resists, or just a flat 10% reduction on top of everything else. If it's the first option, then it's actually a pretty marginal benefit, it it's the later then it's a pretty amazing benefit.

The proc is nice, but the KHG proc is about a bazillion times better.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-03-2012, 01:19 PM
Quote:
I'm still trying to figure out if that 10% resist is multiplicative like other shield resists, or just a flat 10% reduction on top of everything else. If it's the first option, then it's actually a pretty marginal benefit, it it's the later then it's a pretty amazing benefit.

The proc is nice, but the KHG proc is about a bazillion times better.
i think its supposed to make you think that 5% of the damage that would have blead just goes away, but i don't think that's how it works in practice. i think resistent shields just make 5% damage received go away, 5% of that damage being bleed and the other 95% being shield. the additional 10% on the maco i think works the same way, so 15% of damage just goes away, 5% being bleed damage, 95% being shield damage. if thats the case, that's seriously better then strait capacity, that's capacity you never have to heal.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-03-2012, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
i think its supposed to make you think that 5% of the damage that would have blead just goes away, but i don't think that's how it works in practice. i think resistent shields just make 5% damage received go away, 5% of that damage being bleed and the other 95% being shield. the additional 10% on the maco i think works the same way, so 15% of damage just goes away, 5% being bleed damage, 95% being shield damage. if thats the case, that's seriously better then strait capacity, that's capacity you never have to heal.
The last I checked, a Resilent Shield essentially breaks the incoming damage into 3 pieces instead of 2. The first piece, 5% is sent to the hull. The next piece, the other 5% is just flat out deleted and the 90% is applied to the shield. The shield resistance than reduces the damage by x%. So assuming no shield power resist or other abilities in play, that 90% will then be reduced by 10% before applying the final damage number on the shield.

Example:
1000 Phaser Damage turns into:
50 Hull Damage
810 Shield Damage
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-03-2012, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cursix
The last I checked, a Resilent Shield essentially breaks the incoming damage into 3 pieces instead of 2. The first piece, 5% is sent to the hull. The next piece, the other 5% is just flat out deleted and the 90% is applied to the shield. The shield resistance than reduces the damage by x%. So assuming no shield power resist or other abilities in play, that 90% will then be reduced by 10% before applying the final damage number on the shield.

Example:
1000 Phaser Damage turns into:
50 Hull Damage
810 Shield Damage
so i think i had it about right. i was this close to getting a Resilent cap 3 from the old marks store wile those items still existed. wish i had, it might have been about as good as a covarient cap 3
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-03-2012, 01:49 PM
Take note that 10% reduction in my example was for the Maco shield. It would be a 900 shield hit with a normal reseliant array (before counting any buffs/powers).