Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
02-02-2012, 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbeaumont
Heh, regen is pretty worthless.

Maco has an extra regen too, right?
negative doesnt look that way

I dont know I like the cap. The maco is basically a Super Resilient with its extra 10%
Why cant the khg be a super Covariant?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
02-02-2012, 10:48 PM
That's interesting. I guess the Maco's get two bonuses to compensate that (power levels and 10% resist), but I think the KHG proc is probably better than both combined anyway. Will be interesting to see what Cryptic eventually decides to do with it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
02-02-2012, 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbeaumont
That's interesting. I guess the Maco's get two bonuses to compensate that (power levels and 10% resist), but I think the KHG proc is probably better than both combined anyway. Will be interesting to see what Cryptic eventually decides to do with it.
Its a dash hard for me to compare as I fly Science vessel with the maco so im quite happy with the resists, power gain.

And

I fly khg Bop so I live for the cap and the acc debuff.

it seems they were made for different gameplay and to directly compare them is tricky.

I wouldnt mind "testing" the khg with 1 less cap mod but knowing the c-men it would be nerfed to regen shield values.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
02-02-2012, 11:03 PM
Yes, hopefully they don't go overboard.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
02-03-2012, 08:28 AM
I'm not entirely sure on this, but I think that the KHG as a capx4 is intentional.

MACO has a +10% resist too, don't forget on top of it's awesome proc.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
02-03-2012, 12:36 PM
I'm still trying to figure out if that 10% resist is multiplicative like other shield resists, or just a flat 10% reduction on top of everything else. If it's the first option, then it's actually a pretty marginal benefit, it it's the later then it's a pretty amazing benefit.

The proc is nice, but the KHG proc is about a bazillion times better.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
02-03-2012, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbeaumont
I'm still trying to figure out if that 10% resist is multiplicative like other shield resists, or just a flat 10% reduction on top of everything else. If it's the first option, then it's actually a pretty marginal benefit, it it's the later then it's a pretty amazing benefit.

The proc is nice, but the KHG proc is about a bazillion times better.
i think its supposed to make you think that 5% of the damage that would have blead just goes away, but i don't think that's how it works in practice. i think resistent shields just make 5% damage received go away, 5% of that damage being bleed and the other 95% being shield. the additional 10% on the maco i think works the same way, so 15% of damage just goes away, 5% being bleed damage, 95% being shield damage. if thats the case, that's seriously better then strait capacity, that's capacity you never have to heal.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
02-03-2012, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
i think its supposed to make you think that 5% of the damage that would have blead just goes away, but i don't think that's how it works in practice. i think resistent shields just make 5% damage received go away, 5% of that damage being bleed and the other 95% being shield. the additional 10% on the maco i think works the same way, so 15% of damage just goes away, 5% being bleed damage, 95% being shield damage. if thats the case, that's seriously better then strait capacity, that's capacity you never have to heal.
The last I checked, a Resilent Shield essentially breaks the incoming damage into 3 pieces instead of 2. The first piece, 5% is sent to the hull. The next piece, the other 5% is just flat out deleted and the 90% is applied to the shield. The shield resistance than reduces the damage by x%. So assuming no shield power resist or other abilities in play, that 90% will then be reduced by 10% before applying the final damage number on the shield.

Example:
1000 Phaser Damage turns into:
50 Hull Damage
810 Shield Damage
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
02-03-2012, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cursix
The last I checked, a Resilent Shield essentially breaks the incoming damage into 3 pieces instead of 2. The first piece, 5% is sent to the hull. The next piece, the other 5% is just flat out deleted and the 90% is applied to the shield. The shield resistance than reduces the damage by x%. So assuming no shield power resist or other abilities in play, that 90% will then be reduced by 10% before applying the final damage number on the shield.

Example:
1000 Phaser Damage turns into:
50 Hull Damage
810 Shield Damage
so i think i had it about right. i was this close to getting a Resilent cap 3 from the old marks store wile those items still existed. wish i had, it might have been about as good as a covarient cap 3
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
02-03-2012, 01:49 PM
Take note that 10% reduction in my example was for the Maco shield. It would be a 900 shield hit with a normal reseliant array (before counting any buffs/powers).
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:40 AM.