Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Graphical and Sound Issues
Login

Lt. Commander
When are engine trails going to be fixed?

They only show if u enable maco, borg or omega engine visuals, if u take em off they disappear.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-13-2012, 08:58 PM
Also, my warp out animations never look the same without the engine trails.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-13-2012, 09:13 PM
??? I don't have Maco, Borg, or Omega engines, and I can see my engine trails?
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-13-2012, 09:14 PM
Heh, I *wish* my engine trails would disappear...
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-13-2012, 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkfader1988
When are engine trails going to be fixed?

They only show if u enable maco, borg or omega engine visuals, if u take em off they disappear.
Well of course they would disappear if you disable the visuals. that is the point of having the disable visuals option.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-14-2012, 05:12 AM
I can see my engine trails just fine. Borg, Aegis, Omega, and regular non-set engines.
(I'm using DX11 with all the video options turned as high as they can go)

The only engine trail issues i ever see are with the Aegis set, when there is a lot of background visuals. (like a random generated exploration map and there are lots of asteroids, and I'm going Full Impulse so my trail is long and very bright). The Aegis engine trail will flicker instead of staying solid in those situations. But that is unlikely to be related to the OP's issue.
Lt. Commander
# 7 How to activate impulse trail
05-14-2012, 09:04 AM
How do you activate the impulse and warp trails. (I have the lowest posible video settings because i have a crappy computer but i see others impulse trails) Im a commander and i have efficient impulse engines.
Thanks. Any help is MUCHappriciated
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-14-2012, 09:07 AM
My engine trails (set visuals disabled) are hit or miss. It's not a huge deal to me so I haven't actively tried to figure when they disappear, or if it's consistent at all. I've got low settings, DX9.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-14-2012, 09:10 AM
You've probably seen other players with space equipment sets that leave long bright trails, like the Borg, Breen, Omega, or Aegis sets.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-14-2012, 09:47 AM
Engine contrails (well, ion trails, plasma trails ... whatever) from nacelles and impulse engines disappeared for many players with the implementatiuon of the 19/4 patch. Borg, Aegis, MACO and Breen sets still show. Implulse engine trails will appear when at Full Impulse.

This seems to affect only some players. My guess, and this is purely deductive supposition, is that it has something to do with which DX version a player's comp is running. What's interesting is that the change occured wuth the 19/4 patch.

What's also interesting is that there has been NO communication from Cryptic whatsoever about this situation even though there are at least two threads about it the Graphic Bugs Forum.

Some players like them ... some players don't. Personally, I like the extra impression of movement and speed that they portray and would like them back.