Lt. Commander
# 31
03-23-2012, 07:04 AM
This definitely needs to be addressed! Rolling a semi-new toon that just made Commander yesterday. The missing/black textures are almost everywhere. Devidian missions especially! This really must give new players a favorable impression of this game thanks to all of that sloppy work!
Lt. Commander
# 32
03-23-2012, 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCSWW View Post
This definitely needs to be addressed! Rolling a semi-new toon that just made Commander yesterday. The missing/black textures are almost everywhere. Devidian missions especially! This really must give new players a favorable impression of this game thanks to all of that sloppy work!
Slight exaggeration, seeing as how the feature is still labeled beta and isn't enabled by default.

That said, it still happens and hopefully it'll be resolved soon. If Crytic needs a list of areas/textures where it happens maybe we can start collecting it.

Hardware for reference
Nvidia GTX 560 TI, WHQL 296.10
Lt. Commander
# 33
03-23-2012, 07:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morell View Post
Slight exaggeration, seeing as how the feature is still labeled beta and isn't enabled by default.

That said, it still happens and hopefully it'll be resolved soon. If Crytic needs a list of areas/textures where it happens maybe we can start collecting it.

Hardware for reference
Nvidia GTX 560 TI, WHQL 296.10
Perhaps but it illustrates a simple point. There is a test server for beta features but they'd clearly rather use Holodeck instead. After all, very little gets tested before actually being pushed to Holodeck, hence the crapload of bugs annoying players daily.
Lt. Commander
# 34
03-23-2012, 10:46 AM
If your using an ATI/AMD graphics card and have upgraded to 12.2/12.3 for the catalyst drivers reverting back to the 12.1 driver set has been correcting this problem for most people.
Lt. Commander
# 35
03-23-2012, 11:12 AM
We're still working on it.

This is actually an issue with some of the model data (not textures) that just never manifested under DirectX 9. Now we're having to go back and update and fix up bad models. There's just a ton of stuff to scan, and it's not trivial to narrow down the conditions under which the error occurs.

I'll post a new thread once we think we've fixed it asking for any NEW occurrences after that point. In the meantime, though, we're just working on code to fix everything up in bulk.

At the moment, the only difference between the DirectX 9 and 11 renderers is a bit of a performance change, so if this issue is really driving you up the wall, just switch to the DirectX 9 renderer until we get a thread up saying it's fixed. As much as we like people giving feedback and bug reports on or DX11 renderer, it probably shouldn't come at the cost of your enjoyment. =P
Lt. Commander
# 36
03-25-2012, 06:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrypticCliff
Yup. It's still happening. When fixes for it go live I'll post a thread about it and try to consolidate any new reports in that one. By then we should have everything fixed, though.
And the new thread will be called...what? For the record it's still there on the NX.
Lt. Commander
# 37
03-30-2012, 05:26 PM
Hi...Engineering section under the Big O, my ship...there is one long Black rip or tear by the stairs. In game height, it stands at 20+ft, with a gap width at the middle around 8 to 10ft.

Science and Engineering Heads are at a loss to explain this.

Pic is coming soon.
Lt. Commander
# 38
04-06-2012, 04:31 AM
The Akira class is very ugly now the hole saucer section is black and its on all my graphical settings
Lt. Commander
# 39
04-09-2012, 09:47 AM
Currently playing through the mission "Everything old is new" Will post screenies of some of the black texture issues I come across once I'm done

EDIT

Oookay maybe not. Since the crash I've been having trouble getting back into that mission. I'll try again tonight.
Lt. Commander
# 40
04-12-2012, 12:14 AM
I noticed several black textures, mainly on ship hulls, but at stated locations (Azura transporter room, Everything old is new mission,...) as well.

Note that at least with the ship hulls, things change when lowering the texture detail settings, meaning low-res textures look OK (meaning they're not missing, but that's all), but there isn't any hi-res counterpart to them.