Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-03-2012, 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfrider
To bad the first part was nothing but fanboi fluff. We have all heard for 2 years of more Klingon content. I'll believe it when I see it. Maybe in Part 2 you will ask some tough questions like getting the decloaking bug fixed or when the rest of the Klingon ships listed in f2p blog #10 will be released. Of course I won't hold my breath on that either.
Why all the hate? They didn't spend the entire podcast QQ'ing about how much they are ready to ragequit, unlike Mav from RedShirtArmy, and they don't ACTUALLY ragequit on air and slap an entire gaming community and its developers in the face, unlike Chris Fisher from STOked. When I want to feel good and excited about STO, I will listen to PriorityOne. When I want to feel let down, disappointed, and ragey, I will come here and read one of D'Angelo's dev diaries. Simple as that.

My point is that whatever gets you off or turns you on, this community has what you need. You will never find criticism or hate of STO on PriorityOne, though, for better or for worse. If that's what you need, tune in to RSA and listen to Mav complain and moan while Cohas tries to keep the show together.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-04-2012, 12:59 AM
I thought they did a really good job with the interview. And they got to keep up a positive attitude to keep people watching them and to keep morale up to play STO. But I'm sure when important questions come up in the community, they won't hesitate to throw the gauntlet.

I'm hoping Al Rivera can comment on this:

During the interview I recall the talk about the Roddenberry rules of design. If I remember correctly, he said the followed it or along those lines. But yet with the new BortaS class, it completely ignores that rule. The Warp Nacelles line of sight rules was completely is ignored.

Why?

Is the BortaS going to get revamped to obey this traditional rule or you guys going to throw it out the door now?
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-04-2012, 02:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoberraz View Post
Personally, I'd rather not see the Son'a as villains again. As far as I could tell, ST:Insurrection was a completed storyarc, with the Son'a reintegrated in the Baku culture.
Later on DS9, it was mentioned that they had joined the Dominion.
So, not all of them reintegrated into the Baku.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-04-2012, 05:39 AM
Great interview, looking forward to part two.

Lt. Commander
# 15
02-04-2012, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminMaxwell View Post
Why all the hate? They didn't spend the entire podcast QQ'ing about how much they are ready to ragequit, unlike Mav from RedShirtArmy, and they don't ACTUALLY ragequit on air and slap an entire gaming community and its developers in the face, unlike Chris Fisher from STOked. When I want to feel good and excited about STO, I will listen to PriorityOne. When I want to feel let down, disappointed, and ragey, I will come here and read one of D'Angelo's dev diaries. Simple as that.

My point is that whatever gets you off or turns you on, this community has what you need. You will never find criticism or hate of STO on PriorityOne, though, for better or for worse. If that's what you need, tune in to RSA and listen to Mav complain and moan while Cohas tries to keep the show together.
Has nothing to do with rage quitting, it does have to do with asking the good with the bad. When Cryptic is due praise, I have no problem with it. When they screw up they deserve to be asked the hard questions and sometimes need to be put on the spot. Example, what is hard about asking when bugs that have existed from launch are still out there, or broken basic mechanics are left to rot for over a year going to be fixed. Even something as easy as when ships listed in Cryptic's on F2P blogs are going to be released. If tough questions aren't asked when warranted, especially on a podcast where there is visability, how is the game ever going to improve?
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-05-2012, 11:05 PM
Part 2 of the interview is up!!! Thanks for your patience and please check the OP for the new link.