Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-03-2012, 03:30 PM
Yes the bugs there, Yes it's annoying.. but i have to laugh "Fix or else i'll quit?" hang on.. last time I looked you are no longer forced to pay to play ST:O some of us choose to continue that way, but you aren't forced so really....

And given the fact that there is a fair bit of work in this patch (beyond the inital stuff seen) and has been a fair bit over the last few weeks as they stagger some of the upcoming releases into the patches data.. you can't really harp on about 1 bug that can be worked around.

Is the bug annoying yes as stated.. but it certainly isn't gameplay breaking.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-03-2012, 03:36 PM
It's a bit disapointing when I'm running support mainly. Smashing the spacebar repeatedly is annoying as hell.. (I remember when Autofire was limited to only two weapon systems.)

I hope it gets taken care of soon as four beam systems and a turret is a bit annoying to have to consistently order to fire especially when the cycle times are different.

The work-around seems to help, but rather than act like the previous autofiring system, it autofires ALL THE TIME at any hostile target as opposed to setting to "off", and only repeating if I hit the spacebar once. What's worse is that the different cycle times on my weapons were useful in preventing my weapon energy from depleting too badly as well. With my having to order each time, weapon energy drain is massive.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-03-2012, 03:44 PM
Just mentioning that I also have the auto fire problem. I figured the more people that report it the better. Thanks for the temp fix guys.
Lt. Commander
Hey guys lets make a patch today to fix a patch that should have been fixed last patch only to fix one patch to cause us to make another patch to fix the patch we just patched because someone didnt do the job they are getting payed to do TEST THE PATCH "BEFORE" sending it out to hundreds if not thousands of players computers only to find out OH CRAP we need a PATCH for our PATCH. IT's not frign brain surgery how smart ya gota be to think hmm lets test this patch out before we send it out, first thing i found was no auto fire wow took me about 1 min to find it. here is the solution, UN PATCH the PATCH untill you learn how to PATCH!!!! so shove the patch and smoke it
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-03-2012, 04:54 PM
I have the problem too. The work arround has so far only allowed me to place two of my six beams on autofire.

My personal work around was to key bind the fire all beams to a left click of my mouse.

Interestingly when I do it that way my ship appears to be constantly using Fire at Will as I wind up Targeting multiple enemy ships at the same time. Its actually an improvement in a way.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-03-2012, 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trismigistus View Post
I have the problem too. The work arround has so far only allowed me to place two of my six beams on autofire.

My personal work around was to key bind the fire all beams to a left click of my mouse.

Interestingly when I do it that way my ship appears to be constantly using Fire at Will as I wind up Targeting multiple enemy ships at the same time. Its actually an improvement in a way.
I just warped into a new sector and tried it again and it worked.
Lt. Commander
# 17 Bugs
02-03-2012, 06:43 PM
Ok, so I've been away from the game for a few months, and yes it's frustrating to not have autofire. But to threaten quitting ... really? Do we have any update on when this might be fixed?
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-03-2012, 06:51 PM
Just happened to me too. Not even bothering to play space until it's fixed.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-03-2012, 07:25 PM
It takes me all of 30 seconds to manually reconfigure the weapons for autofiring so it's little hindrance to me really.

Just don't do it in combat. Unless your name is Kira Yamato. We are not Gundam pilots, so I hope the fix will come out as fast as humanly possible.

Last night was full of teaching people to do the /defaultautoattack 1 command on sector space maps.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-03-2012, 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shackeld View Post
Hey guys lets make a patch today to fix a patch that should have been fixed last patch only to fix one patch to cause us to make another patch to fix the patch we just patched because someone didnt do the job they are getting payed to do TEST THE PATCH "BEFORE" sending it out to hundreds if not thousands of players computers only to find out OH CRAP we need a PATCH for our PATCH. IT's not frign brain surgery how smart ya gota be to think hmm lets test this patch out before we send it out, first thing i found was no auto fire wow took me about 1 min to find it. here is the solution, UN PATCH the PATCH untill you learn how to PATCH!!!! so shove the patch and smoke it

You have no idea what you're talking about. Almost ALL the time, the test servers don't have everything the live servers do. They test everything, then release it and something has an issue with something in the live servers coding.

Also, they let players test, so if a bug existed there, players could've pointed it out too. So don't go blaming Cryptic.