Lt. Commander
Hi Captains,

The team is definitely aware of this and is working on a fix. In the mean time, you can do the following:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiberry
Temporary workaround:
  • open up your weapon loadout pane.
  • right-click on each weapon you want to autofire [you won't see anything change yet].
  • type /defaultautoattack 1
  • the ones you right-clicked on should turn green "(Autofiring!)"
Thanks to Chiberry for posting this.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-31-2011, 10:11 AM
Yup same here. Might have to cancel my account because space combat is totally broke for me. Its a shame too. Not one word about a major game play bug from the Dev's.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-31-2011, 10:17 AM
cant say ive encountered that one but make sure the autofire command is set to 'maintain' or 'toggle doesn't cancel' in the options menu.

maybe one of the others is ok. i cant say ive had any issues myself with it but there are like 4 options and one might be broken and the others are ok.

Kaikura, why whats broken? ive not noticed anything major over the last week?
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-31-2011, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
cant say ive encountered that one but make sure the autofire command is set to 'maintain' or 'toggle doesn't cancel' in the options menu.

maybe one of the others is ok. i cant say ive had any issues myself with it but there are like 4 options and one might be broken and the others are ok.

I have played the game since launch and this is the first gameplay bug I have ever encountered.

I know to turn on the auto-fire by right clicking the weapons icons to turn green. Then in the Auto Attack options you set it to maintain or Toogle never cancels. However on ground maps the option of maintain is simply not there and the auto fire does not work.

I wonder if it because I am playing the maps on Elite, I will try some missions on normal and see if this makes a difference and report back.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-31-2011, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strorus
I have played the game since launch and this is the first gameplay bug I have ever encountered.

I know to turn on the auto-fire by right clicking the weapons icons to turn green. Then in the Auto Attack options you set it to maintain or Toogle never cancels. However on ground maps the option of maintain is simply not there and the auto fire does not work.

I wonder if it because I am playing the maps on Elite, I will try some missions on normal and see if this makes a difference and report back.
This is the same for me. I can't play because after 3 seconds of firing all weapons stop firing and count down from 10 to 0 then completely shut down. I click fire again rinse and repeat. I'll check my other setting though. I never had to before. Been playing the same way since release of the game.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-31-2011, 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo

Ok i played around in my setting and found out that my settings during the patch got changed. The only option in auto attack that works for me is maintain now. I had it set to toggle never cancel since game release. But auto attack is still bugged because you have to monitor it because it changes on its own. I noticed it seems like this in alot of the setting. Just what does it mean when you look in settings and see a blank box? I feel really bad to Because i never bothered to check those settings because i never changed them ever.
Lt. Commander
Iv got 6 toons my Fed Tac VA! and Fed Sci VA1 has working autofire .My Fed Eng VA1 autofire cant be toogeld on right clicking does nothing ,its the same for my Klingon Eng LG1 and Klingon Tac lt and a Fed LTC eng.I cant understand why it works for 2 but not the rest the settings are Global
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-01-2011, 01:39 PM
Rolf-Olav, could you be a bit more specific and provide the character names that are having issues? (Or anyone else for that matter). I'd like to take a look at your control scheme data in the database to possibly find a clue as to what is going on.

This could likely be a control scheme issue, in which case the settings are stored per character - not globally. The only settings that are stored globally are in your 'Basic' options tab in the options menu.
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-01-2011, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkenneally View Post
Rolf-Olav, could you be a bit more specific and provide the character names that are having issues? (Or anyone else for that matter). I'd like to take a look at your control scheme data in the database to possibly find a clue as to what is going on.

This could likely be a control scheme issue, in which case the settings are stored per character - not globally. The only settings that are stored globally are in your 'Basic' options tab in the options menu.
Hi, it has been happening on my character, Elspeth@Strorus, Sci Capt grade 8.... Maintain in Space needing to spam the space to get it started and if red alert drops so does the maintain. Maintain on the ground does not exist as an option and the auto-fire does not work.

I have not looked at my other characters yet, but will report back tomorrow if it is happening to them as well.

I hope you can get this fixed.
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-01-2011, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strorus
Hi, it has been happening on my character, Elspeth@Strorus, Sci Capt grade 8.... Maintain in Space needing to spam the space to get it started and if red alert drops so does the maintain. Maintain on the ground does not exist as an option and the auto-fire does not work.

I have not looked at my other characters yet, but will report back tomorrow if it is happening to them as well.

I hope you can get this fixed.
Hi, just checked my other two toons, Horatio, VA1 Tactical and Sigma RA Engineering and they both have the same problem, please fix my characters.

Cheers