Lt. Commander
# 1 Assault Cruiser refit?
02-03-2012, 07:21 AM
To start, I Love the look of the new Odyssey Class Ship, but with the BO Stations and the Console slots its more of a Star Cruiser and not flyable by Assault Cruiser Captains. Every T5 Ship has gotten a refit except the Assault Cruiser, can we perhaps get a refit of the Assault Cruiser??
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-03-2012, 07:47 AM
Excelsior?
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-03-2012, 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleacoe View Post
To start, I Love the look of the new Odyssey Class Ship, but with the BO Stations and the Console slots its more of a Star Cruiser and not flyable by Assault Cruiser Captains. Every T5 Ship has gotten a refit except the Assault Cruiser, can we perhaps get a refit of the Assault Cruiser??
While that would be awesome, I think the assault cruiser refit isn't going to happen since the excelsior pretty much fills that role. And has for a long, long time.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-03-2012, 11:41 AM
The problem with the Excelsior is that itself is a retrofit of the Advance Heavy Cruiser, not an Assault Cruiser with completely different BO stations. it does have the same consoles but it is very different ship on its own. The Assault Cruiser serves a unique role, not everyone wants to fly an older model ship that geared more Tactical and isn't as aesthetically gifted as the Assault Cruiser.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-03-2012, 12:36 PM
I would like to see some option to change the "chairs" on the Assault Cruiser give it more "teeth"

I would like to exchange the LtCom Eng for the Lt or Ens Tac
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-03-2012, 01:05 PM
basically people want something that isn't the excelsior.

thats why everyone was so excited for the odyssey, a new cruiser that was something actually new, not 130 year old ship.

and it's very sad, that the 130 year old enterprise b is better than the assault, star, and odyssey cruisers.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-03-2012, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleacoe View Post
The problem with the Excelsior is that itself is a retrofit of the Advance Heavy Cruiser, not an Assault Cruiser with completely different BO stations. it does have the same consoles but it is very different ship on its own. The Assault Cruiser serves a unique role, not everyone wants to fly an older model ship that geared more Tactical and isn't as aesthetically gifted as the Assault Cruiser.
My engie' likes the Excel' just fine. I slotted the science slots for defence , not offence.