Lt. Commander
# 11
02-03-2012, 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander_James View Post
I believe I have found a perma-fix for this, at least for now. I have re-logged and auto-fire was still active after doing this. Here goes..., 1st go to Controls tab under Options, then switch auto-attack to Toggle Never Cancels, then right click each weapon (while in space of course) then type /defaultautoattack 1

I also heard people saying 2 or 3 worked also, not sure though as 1 worked fine. As I said it was still active when I relogged. Hope this helps.
Ok, to choke on my own words here, it only worked a couple times, yes, I should have tested further before posting, but hey, was worth a try. I gracefully back away from this atrocity, lol.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-03-2012, 09:06 PM
8:00pm pst and no comment from devs? I realize its Friday, but they have to know about it by now.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-03-2012, 09:31 PM
Quote:
I believe I have found a perma-fix for this, at least for now. I have re-logged and auto-fire was still active after doing this. Here goes..., 1st go to Controls tab under Options, then switch auto-attack to Toggle Never Cancels, then right click each weapon (while in space of course) then type /defaultautoattack 1

I also heard people saying 2 or 3 worked also, not sure though as 1 worked fine. As I said it was still active when I relogged. Hope this helps.
yep works for me
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-03-2012, 10:27 PM
Quote:

This does seem to fix the problem. I have confirmed this process as well.
Lt. Commander
# 15 Broken for me too
02-05-2012, 05:32 AM
It's broken for me too. Just logged on to add a post and seen that you guys have already created one.

Just tried the oddyssey mission and discovered it didn't work. Was a pain as had to manually fire. I always use autofire.

Can't believe they would break such a basic function. They seem really poor at updating people and responding to these forum posts too.
Lt. Commander
OK, after reading some of the posts here, I simply cannot believe how many of you have your panties in a twist. What are you...??? 12 ??
Seriously. The amount of code in this game must be absolutely phenomenal, never mind the fact that Cryptic was the 3rd developer to give this a try, and actually made it work! They deserve credit, and lots of it...
As a casual paid subscriber, STO has given me some good entertainment over the last couple of years. Use the temp fix in the meantime, and a MUCH PRAISED Thank You to those who found a workaround, until this IS fixed.

Hats off to the Dev's, and to those Game Players that wish to be part of the solution rather than part of the problem !!

Carry On !!
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-05-2012, 10:38 AM
Well said, PRDave. People act as if Cryptic did this on purpose and declare they're cancelling their subscription. Accidents happen! Grow the heck up. All I want is a status from the devs as to how it is being addressed and some assurance it won't go on as long as the Bridge Officer cloning debacle.

Take the instant entitlement complex andgo "Occupy" somewhere already.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-05-2012, 11:18 AM
There is a stickied thread in the Star Trek Online Discussion section on how to work around it.

Is it inconvenient? Yes.

Is it temporary? Yes, the devs have already said they're working on it.

When will it be fixed? I'm a captain, not a psychic!
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-05-2012, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripp_Hazzard
There is a stickied thread in the Star Trek Online Discussion section on how to work around it.
Link?

Quote:
the devs have already said they're working on it.
Link?

[EDIT]
Link!
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-05-2012, 08:35 PM
So when do they stop beta testing this game and release the functional version?