Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
This is some BS. I see someone is selling a Klingon Boff on the exchange. I buy him thinking "Ooooh I thought you had to buy him from the C-Store!", and low and behold I am not allowed to equip him. Really? Well why allow players to even be able to sell C-Store bought Boffs then? Kind of a slap in the face to buy something I can't use :/. So I just basically gave some random dude 1000 EC. >_<
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2012, 03:47 PM
It would have a red highlight round the picture instead of blue and if you read the description of the boff it says for use with kdf characters. So there was enough indicators showing it wasn't for you.
Moral of the story, read before you buy!
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-02-2012, 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMidKnight View Post
This is some BS. I see someone is selling a Klingon Boff on the exchange. I buy him thinking "Ooooh I thought you had to buy him from the C-Store!", and low and behold I am not allowed to equip him. Really? Well why allow players to even be able to sell C-Store bought Boffs then? Kind of a slap in the face to buy something I can't use :/. So I just basically gave some random dude 1000 EC. >_<
you lost a 1000 EC? OMG! 1000 EC is like a rain drop in the sea.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-03-2012, 02:00 AM
Ya 1000 EC isn't that much at higher levels, but when you're a Lt Grade 8 it kinda is. I just thought I should bring this to the attention of the devs. Perhaps make it so players can't sell Boffs bought from the C-Store. Or have an indicator so people don't make the mistake of buying it on the exchange.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-03-2012, 03:36 AM
But there are no Klingon Boffs in the C-store.
Only Aenar, Borg and Caitan.

If I remember correctly you can even buy Klingon BO's at the BO store in ESD.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-03-2012, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMidKnight View Post
Ya 1000 EC isn't that much at higher levels, but when you're a Lt Grade 8 it kinda is. I just thought I should bring this to the attention of the devs. Perhaps make it so players can't sell Boffs bought from the C-Store. Or have an indicator so people don't make the mistake of buying it on the exchange.
So your saying you want to eliminate having a rich Fed character buying KDF BOs for a poor KDF Alt character.... (If you see a 'Purple' posted for a steal of a price, by the time you exchange funds via the Exchange to your Alt, chances are that the bargin will be long gone...)
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-05-2012, 05:33 AM
No no, I'm a Fed. The Boff was a Fed Klingon Boff. I actually got to use him after the patch though.