Lt. Commander
# 21
02-04-2012, 08:20 AM
I for one am just glad they are actively patching / fixing/ restarting when necessary instead of just leaving us ****ing in the wind. Shows that they do care with the amount of work being put in. IMO.
Lt. Commander
# 22 Whining again?
02-04-2012, 08:22 AM
Oh please... if i had a dime for every idiot that complained about the server coming down for an hour, i'd be rich...

Its a fact of life that computers need maintenance... cluster server are no different... all other MMO's have downtime... hell I play Eve Online, and they have a half hour daily maintenance.. so quite you *****in.. and deal...
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-04-2012, 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkeeterUK View Post
Hopefully autofire will get fixed.
I wouldnīt notice. Canīt stop spamming space anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-04-2012, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin1231
Oh please... if i had a dime for every idiot that complained about the server coming down for an hour, i'd be rich...

Its a fact of life that computers need maintenance... cluster server are no different... all other MMO's have downtime... hell I play Eve Online, and they have a half hour daily maintenance.. so quite you *****in.. and deal...
Yes that true. but since the 17 Jan we had almost daily maintenance for three weeks. With no signs off that changing.

I do know for the most part the server are up a lot more then say wow after patch. But really the free play code been on server since dec.

Additional they have the feature episodes coming out next week. So they really need to start get this issues resolved before they hit.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-04-2012, 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by decronia
Because for some people in the EU that is the only time that they may have free to have a bit of relaxation to play the game. As you said the last two have been applied in the early hour of the morning but the pattern before that was peak time EU.

Imagine if it was the other way round and each patch up to the last two were done at peak time US and then think what the raging would be like.Yes I know Scotland is in the EU. I live a little south of you

As a silver player it doesn't really affect me but I do understand why those who pay a subscription would be annoyed by this. Do they get any free play time in compensation? If not they should.
As you've pointed out, I live in the EU time slot that keeps getting used for patching. Yes, it's a little irritating when you sit down to play and realise the server is down for maintenance, but it's to be expected right now. Also, the staff live in and work from the West coast of America, so we can't expect them to always stay in during the night so as to not hit an EU peak time for patching. If I was working in the USA, I'd do my work during my working day, not during the working day of the EU time zones.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-04-2012, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmkify111
I for one am just glad they are actively patching / fixing/ restarting when necessary instead of just leaving us ****ing in the wind. Shows that they do care with the amount of work being put in. IMO.
I'd care about getting paid too.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-04-2012, 08:51 AM
Got used to the downtimes before F2P and have had a subscription from the start. So far I am not sure why I am still a subscriber since they have already said less content will be coming this year and the game is down a lot more then it was before F2P. Guess because of more players? So is the sub money/c store being used to maintain the servers more than adding to the game?

I want the game to grow and be successful but its seems that they are just keeping the content there is whilst adding a bit more here and there and using the store to make money from. Why bother offering a subscription, since there doesnt seem to be much benefit since they are now allowing you to buy the options in the C Store.

Be interesting to know how many new people have subscribed to the game since F2P and how many have stopped.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-04-2012, 08:54 AM
anyone who plays mmos knows when the maintenance's stop the game stops. if they were not doing these updates all the time you guy would sit here and say they dont care or the games dieing. if an hour or two helps ensure this games future then im happy to lose time in game.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-04-2012, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalSeaPower View Post
Got used to the downtimes before F2P and have had a subscription from the start. So far I am not sure why I am still a subscriber since they have already said less content will be coming this year and the game is down a lot more then it was before F2P. Guess because of more players? So is the sub money/c store being used to maintain the servers more than adding to the game?

I want the game to grow and be successful but its seems that they are just keeping the content there is whilst adding a bit more here and there and using the store to make money from. Why bother offering a subscription, since there doesnt seem to be much benefit since they are now allowing you to buy the options in the C Store.

Be interesting to know how many new people have subscribed to the game since F2P and how many have stopped.
I bought the game and subscribed for a good while (4-5 months) when it launched, but got my fill and stopped.

Here I am back again after all this time and have been having a blast like it was totally new game.

The F2P aspect is what brought me back.

I could not possibly complain about periodic downtime for maintainence.

I already have 240 Cryptic Points saved up from refining 8k per day and selling it. I would have more than that, but I did not even know about it.

If you want to know why you subcribe then watch this guys video's in this thread.
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=247724

To be perfectly honest though I can't bring myself to justify subscibing. Gold simply does not offer enough incentive over just using CP to get what you want when you want it.

Even with a Gold account there is far too much you would need to buy with CP anyway.

What little you would get extra while paying for a Gold account you would lose when you decided to take a long absence.

I mean for example if you had 500 million EC and decided to stop your subscription leaving you with a max 10 million bank account. They would just deduct 490 million from your account and you lose it?

I had 8 million when I quit playing and I still had it when I came back. I wonder what would have happened had I had more than 10 million.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-04-2012, 09:00 AM
the only concern i got only concerns me but it always gos down right in the middle of the time i can play sto i understand what needs 2 be done just when the game gos down at this time every day or so i go from 3 hours play to sometimes nowt.
No rage not askin anything just sayin.
Closed Thread