Lt. Commander
I'm a longtime player of the game, but I haven't played in about half a year. A little bit of info, first:

I run a very tight ship when it comes to my PC. I don't visit illicit websites, I don't put my account info in anywhere, I run regular malware/spyware/virus checks, I keep everything up to date. I've played many online games and have never once had an account hacked or anything of the sort.

But, upon returning, I found all of my equipment and energy credits gone, along with all of my bridge officer's gear. Even a lot of the unique items that sell for 0 credits were gone. Basically, nothing was left. The curious thing is, my password wasn't changed or anything like that. The person getting into my account didn't try to change anything.

I've put in a ticket but, of course, haven't received a response.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-03-2012, 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cautionarysong View Post
I'm a longtime player of the game, but I haven't played in about half a year. A little bit of info, first:

I run a very tight ship when it comes to my PC. I don't visit illicit websites, I don't put my account info in anywhere, I run regular malware/spyware/virus checks, I keep everything up to date. I've played many online games and have never once had an account hacked or anything of the sort.

But, upon returning, I found all of my equipment and energy credits gone, along with all of my bridge officer's gear. Even a lot of the unique items that sell for 0 credits were gone. Basically, nothing was left. The curious thing is, my password wasn't changed or anything like that. The person getting into my account didn't try to change anything.

Try loging out and then back in to see if that fixes it.

It has worked for others.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-03-2012, 08:03 PM
There are hackers in every game out there, but there hasn't been any notice of some giant hacking band. Of course they wouldn't make a statement about hacking your account even if they did. And there's always the possibility that you gave all your stuff away before quitting 6 months ago. "Can I have your stuff" is a pretty common saying around here when someone says they're leaving.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-03-2012, 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STF65
There are hackers in every game out there, but there hasn't been any notice of some giant hacking band. Of course they wouldn't make a statement about hacking your account even if they did. And there's always the possibility that you gave all your stuff away before quitting 6 months ago. "Can I have your stuff" is a pretty common saying around here when someone says they're leaving.
Sorry, I should have expounded more for people who don't keep up with the news.

Many sites, particularly gaming ones, had their password/user info compromised this year. This was done by the hacking of sites. Many sites reported the hackings and urged people to change their information, but I never heard of such a thing happening to Cryptic. I wouldn't expect the hackers themselves to announce it if they just wanted accounts.

And the second part... well, generally when someone hacks an account, they change the info so the original user has a harder time regaining their account. I also know my account wasn't played normally and was just stripped because my guildmates would have taken notice and let me know.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-03-2012, 09:15 PM
Cool, I have a major issue and my thread was moved to a forum where it will fall into obscurity with no official help.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-03-2012, 09:22 PM
Quote:

Quote:
Cool, I have a major issue and my thread was moved to a forum where it will fall into obscurity with no official help.
Incorrect. It was moved down here as it does not directly pertain to Star Trek Online, the game but to account issues (which for the time being are lumped into here and no I didn't move it I'm just responding :p).

If your ticket has been sitting longer than a week in customer support, edit it and ask for an update. However there has not been a major hacking (as far as I'm aware) on Cryptic or PWE.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-03-2012, 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Askray View Post
Incorrect. It was moved down here as it does not directly pertain to Star Trek Online, the game but to account issues (which for the time being are lumped into here and no I didn't move it I'm just responding :p).

If your ticket has been sitting longer than a week in customer support, edit it and ask for an update. However there has not been a major hacking (as far as I'm aware) on Cryptic or PWE.
I understand. I just figured hackings and account recovery would take kind of a large precedence since it completely keeps the person from playing and deletes all their hard work.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-05-2012, 04:30 AM
Im sorry to say that this Past weekend 3 and 4 march I have found a growin number of Players with the same issue, me being one of them, ec and inventory and all ship items gone . ****ed off would be the right term to say how I feel about it, played since beta .
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-06-2012, 06:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanftd View Post
Im sorry to say that this Past weekend 3 and 4 march I have found a growin number of Players with the same issue, me being one of them, ec and inventory and all ship items gone . ****ed off would be the right term to say how I feel about it, played since beta .
Is it hacking or is cryptic's database so corrupt that its loosing game data ?? (im just wondering)
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-06-2012, 07:27 AM
It's been confirmed as hacking