Lt. Commander
# 1 vent theta
02-03-2012, 08:42 PM
Tonight I worked w/another player to test this (thx Praxis@MVS519). The player was using Maco shields MK X. The 1st test drained ~11k shields. The listed drain was 150/sec (or 6K for the duration determined below). The Mark X Maco shield regen is 132/sec, or ~5200 for 40 sec. Or ~21k for all 4 facings. The 11K + 5K = 16K Gross Drain/facing, or it stops regen and just drains 11K/facing (multiply by 4 to get account for 4 facings).

We ran a second test for the duration of the effect which was ~ 40 seconds. During this test I noticed the number 5 which counted down towards the end.

The skill description mentions max 10. I had thought this was in reference to the number of ships which would be effected, but it appears it could be a add. or mult. effect.

With the sci console changes I can get the listed drain up to 213.

I don't know how the resists do shield drains work the affected character had 6 points in the sci skill though.

Perhaps if it is the Tick effects, give players immunity from additional drain while accounting for the duration if they linger seperatly. Leave NPCs alone, so PvErs don't gripe.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-04-2012, 03:46 AM
The effect stacks for as long as you are trapped in the radiation. Since HE wasn't working last I checked, that stacked debuff doesn't begin to decrease until you are free of the field (hopefully someone on the other team is spamming TBRs, lol). The stacked debuff wears off around one tick every second when you are free so you have the length of the hold plus around 11 seconds of gimped maneuverability. I could be fuzzy on the numbers. For a while it took about 13 seconds to wear off once clear. Is Aux still boosting the hell out of it?

This is why the most effective use isn't max speed and evasives to run large loops but rather to take it slow and make tight rings around the ship. Even when HE clears the first tick they run into the next line of radiation and end up snared again. AP:O is the only reliable way out and you still have shield drain effect even though you can move and see again. Just have to hope there isn't a SNB around, lol.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-04-2012, 11:21 AM
Yes aux still boosts it was well as console and deflector bonuses. The 213/sec figure was from max aux + 3x consoles and +26 deflector. Perhaps it's ~25 sec that theta lingers and ~15 sec for effect to wear off of ship. To determine what if any effect regen plays into it 2 different shields w/larger enough difference in regen could be used in another test. If it's still ~ the 11k number in both cases, then regen has no effect. If there's a noticable difference then regen is a factor. Also, the same could be done w/resistances, ie a like Maco regen shield vs Maco (w/it's various resistances).

11K/40sec=275 shields/sec + 132 (for regen) = 407 which is roughly Tach Beam III unboosted w/max aux.

Assuming a linear ratio (which may vary well not be the case) the ratio of the drain rate to listed drain is 275/150=1.83

1.83=x/213, so @ the max the drain rate may be ~ 390/sec + regen 132 = 525 shields/sec which may be more then Tach Beam III max aux&boosted (not sure w/new consoles), but w/longer effectiveness and easier to apply for the longer duration.

Currently the drain seems to be between an unboosted Tach Beam I and a maxed out Tach Beam III. Perhaps have aux & consoles effect it less giving it a train between unboosted Tach Beam I (unboosted Theta) and unboosted II (boosted Theta) since it lasts so long and there are slow/blind effects to the power as well?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-04-2012, 01:13 PM
Shields regen is listed per six seconds, not per second.

132/regen would make it to be 22/sec. However, keep in mind shield regen also scales with power, I believe up to x3 with 100 power? It's been a while since I examined the math.

Regardless, I think theta drain is way too high. You lose all crew is 2 seconds, shields shortly afterward, and HE doesn't clear it correctly.

Broken console is broken.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-04-2012, 02:05 PM
When I use Theta Radiation on a Tac Cube in Infected or so i can have it stack 20+ times i m sure it would work with a Player as well if they wouldn't move at all. You just have to constantly fly against the Player you want this to be on. Its a nice help for STF's on Elite in PVP its more just something to slow folks down.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-04-2012, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otheym81 View Post
Shields regen is listed per six seconds, not per second.

132/regen would make it to be 22/sec. However, keep in mind shield regen also scales with power, I believe up to x3 with 100 power? It's been a while since I examined the math.

Regardless, I think theta drain is way too high. You lose all crew is 2 seconds, shields shortly afterward, and HE doesn't clear it correctly.

Broken console is broken.
Thx, always just assumed it was a per second value. I've never noticed much difference if I have or don't have crew, but I fly a b'rel most often. My OP was made to try and find a baseline of what it currently does and have people suggest what they think the drain should be. It's not to just point out something seems broken.

To clarify are you saying HE doesn't work at all for you, or it only works when you're removed from the cloud?

PS and nothing personal, but I feel I must:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezUNy...eature=related
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-04-2012, 02:47 PM
HE works for the first tick. If you aren't clear of the cloud by then it reapplies regardless of the subsequent ticks from HE.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-04-2012, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
HE works for the first tick. If you aren't clear of the cloud by then it reapplies regardless of the subsequent ticks from HE.
Yeah, that's what I've found too. But he/she made it seem like it didn't work at all. Tbo, I've found evasives + decent engine power level cleared me of the cloud easy enough (to be fair I was in a B'rel w/aegis engines and 2 part omega at the time).
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-04-2012, 03:18 PM
I believe HE doesn't work correctly for theta, but I'll have to reexamine it.

It could be that Theta is applying so fast that HE can't clear it, cause it always falls behind. For instance, Eject Warp Plasma will also reapply after you use HE, but only every couple of seconds. And HE will continue to remove it on it's tick. Giving you a "stop n go" kinda effect.

If you get caught at the edge of a theta cloud, you can hit Evasive and HE, and that first tick of HE might get you out of it. Most of the time you can't. Which makes Theta broken.

@Iamid: That's pretty amusing. I hate U of M too, but I seem to recall the Buckeyes losing to both MSU AND U of M last football season... what now brown cow?
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-04-2012, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otheym81 View Post
If you get caught at the edge of a theta cloud, you can hit Evasive and HE, and that first tick of HE might get you out of it. Most of the time you can't. Which makes Theta broken.
Its still less broken the AMS ever was... or fed team faw... or taced up deltas... for sure Macco bugs... and possibly even current FPB.

I kid HE should fix it... but work as the Warp plasma fix does... it removes dots which can be re Applyed if you stick around in the cloud. It should cure it but not provide you immunity.