Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
02-04-2012, 08:17 PM
I got trapped in a Theta today with a Tractor Beam, and it drained my Oddy's ~12K (might be higher, I forget exactly) Mk X MACO shields pretty much completely. I also fired off a 105 Aux TSS 3 (with 2 Emitter consoles) and Theta was also negating that's regen fairly well.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12 ikr?
02-06-2012, 02:56 PM
isn't it badass? ^^

the only way i can take out the Ody is wrapping the behemoth up in theta vent.

also, I find it [highly] useful in STFs. STF with me, and it will benefit you, too.

yours in theta radiation clouds,
gc
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
02-06-2012, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post
I got trapped in a Theta today with a Tractor Beam, and it drained my Oddy's ~12K (might be higher, I forget exactly) Mk X MACO shields pretty much completely. I also fired off a 105 Aux TSS 3 (with 2 Emitter consoles) and Theta was also negating that's regen fairly well.
running macos mk11 with transfer 2 and shield power to 125 left me shield less in a matter of seconds.

nothing can stop the poo clouds!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
02-06-2012, 04:30 PM
Vent Theta on a Carrier or even a Battle Cruiser wouldn't bother me so much as the fact that a BoP or Garumba can just wizz around you like a swarming bee. Apparently the inherent superior speed and maneuverability of these ships aren't enough to stay on a cruiser's tail within 5km to stack buffs and unload.

Unless of course, all this is simply to counter Fed Sci Captains, Tacs and Engies be damned.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
02-06-2012, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post
I got trapped in a Theta today with a Tractor Beam, and it drained my Oddy's ~12K (might be higher, I forget exactly) Mk X MACO shields pretty much completely. I also fired off a 105 Aux TSS 3 (with 2 Emitter consoles) and Theta was also negating that's regen fairly well.
If you want we can retest to see if it stops different types of regen and drains, or it just overwelms the regen by stacking drains.

Just as an fyi, the TB may have had a doff that drains as well.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
02-06-2012, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomicile
Vent Theta on a Carrier or even a Battle Cruiser wouldn't bother me so much as the fact that a BoP or Garumba can just wizz around you like a swarming bee. Apparently the inherent superior speed and maneuverability of these ships aren't enough to stay on a cruiser's tail within 5km to stack buffs and unload.

Unless of course, all this is simply to counter Fed Sci Captains, Tacs and Engies be damned.
If they're circling you it shouldn't be that bad. It's bad if they sit on you, hold you down w/a tractor beam, then poo and don't get off of you until it's all done while their teammates open fire on you. But, I get what you're saying when your in a ship that can't avoid it or get out of it b/c you may not be able to use APO and have less manurverability.

I'm not sure what happens if they get scrambled while they're dumping the theta (ie does the theta still effect only your side or may it effect anyone)?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
02-06-2012, 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamid
If they're circling you it shouldn't be that bad. It's bad if they sit on you, hold you down w/a tractor beam, then poo and don't get off of you until it's all done while their teammates open fire on you. But, I get what you're saying when your in a ship that can't avoid it or get out of it b/c you may not be able to use APO and have less manurverability.

I'm not sure what happens if they get scrambled while they're dumping the theta (ie does the theta still effect only your side or may it effect anyone)?
Not even circle but a decent pilot in a BoP/Garumba can comletely submerge you in it. Scramble has no effect on Theta, to my knowlege, it's just like Eject Warp Plasma on steroids.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
02-06-2012, 05:37 PM
im sure sto has a lot of broken underlying logic code, which we'll never know...we catch the glaring ones.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
02-06-2012, 05:40 PM
Ok, while checking as another green poo cloud enveloped me, it stacks VERY fast.

HE DOES clear it on EVERY tick, but theta applies much faster. So fast it might as well not matter. Immediately upon a clearing tick of HE, a 2 stack of theta re-applies. Not 1, then 2, but immediately 2, according to the debuff on my ship.

Dunno if that's intentional, but could be a reason it's so damn powerful.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
02-06-2012, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomicile
Not even circle but a decent pilot in a BoP/Garumba can comletely submerge you in it. Scramble has no effect on Theta, to my knowlege, it's just like Eject Warp Plasma on steroids.
EWP is effected by Scramble.

A Scrambled EWP'er can have their poo hit their allies. I'm not sure of the exact mechanics though. I'm not sure if the Scramble needs to be placed before EWP activation or during it; all I know is that I've gotten snagged on ally's poo before.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:38 AM.