Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Title says it all.

In game the Odyssey is labeled as a Odyssey Star Cruiser... this feels wrong. The size of the Odyssey alone should exclude it from the Star Cruiser division and put her more in line with Battle Cruiser or dare I say a Dreadnought.

Her Massive size and power would be more than enough for a compliment of up to four cannons Dual Heavy Cannons or even once more dare I say quad cannons ( there needs to be more quad cannons in the game besides phaser )

on a related note: the shorting of Tac Console slots is also bugging me.

honestly 2 more tac console slots and one less Sci would be a fair trade or better yet. Keep the 3rd Sci slot and make the Advanced Quantum Slipstream Drive a Universal Console.

Quick question.. currently is said Advanced Quantum Slipstream Drive a console or an innate power?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-03-2012, 09:16 PM
On the Console point *Its a STAR cruiser not a Tactical its design is meant to be fast in Space *Advanced Slip Stream?* Also we are not Klingon we don't need to have blamy turnrate escort *battlecruisers running around

Also it can have turrets thats good enough
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-03-2012, 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShirtJohnson
Her Massive size and power would be more than enough for a compliment of up to four cannons Dual Heavy Cannons or even once more dare I say quad cannons ( there needs to be more quad cannons in the game besides phaser )
I suppose you also think the Odyssey should have dual heavies that have a 360 degree firing arc, right? Because they'd be functionally useless on such a big ship with their 45 degree arc.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-03-2012, 09:20 PM
I don't see why the Odyssey should have dual cannons - let alone heavy ones - at all. o.O

Dual cannons were on the Dreadnought Cruiser, but that was something of an aberration to make the widgets on top of the saucer of use for something.

I mean, if you like cannons, you can use the single-cannon mounts. It's not like they're all that bad, and the wider arc will make them more useful due to the slow turn rate.

Me, I'll stick to my beam arrays.

Also: Advanced Slipstream is an innate ship power.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-03-2012, 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyJames11 View Post
On the Console point *Its a STAR cruiser not a Tactical its design is meant to be fast in Space *Advanced Slip Stream?* Also we are not Klingon we don't need to have blamy turnrate escort *battlecruisers running around

Also it can have turrets thats good enough


Turrets are good enough? That's like saying you don't need an assault rifle you have a straw and a piece of paper.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-03-2012, 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten-Nemesis View Post
I suppose you also think the Odyssey should have dual heavies that have a 360 degree firing arc, right? Because they'd be functionally useless on such a big ship with their 45 degree arc.
Not at all, I would just like to use my [Borg] Mk XI Antiproton Dual Heavy Cannons the teh Odyssey and Park aim my nose at a borg cube and watch it go Boom! Dual Heavy Cannons on the Odyssey and two more tac consoles would make for formidable Cannon(tank) that's not made of glass. and give me a reason to fly this ship and not just have it sit in drydock until the day the servers are taken off line for the last time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoberraz View Post
I don't see why the Odyssey should have dual cannons - let alone heavy ones - at all. o.O

Dual cannons were on the Dreadnought Cruiser, but that was something of an aberration to make the widgets on top of the saucer of use for something.

I mean, if you like cannons, you can use the single-cannon mounts. It's not like they're all that bad, and the wider arc will make them more useful due to the slow turn rate.

Me, I'll stick to my beam arrays.

Also: Advanced Slipstream is an innate ship power.
I'm Currently in the Tactical Escort Retrofit and love it. but it's a glass cannon and I'd much rather have something with a little more staying power, that I don't have to give up those Dual Heavy Anitproton Cannons I've come so accustomed to.

and thank you for info about the ASsD being an innate ship power

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenEricII


Turrets are good enough? That's like saying you don't need an assault rifle you have a straw and a piece of paper.
Reminds me of the Wargames episode in TNG. Turrets are akin to chimerical propelled ordnance entertainment devices filled with vibrantly pigmented latex or petroleum viscous fluids housed in a thin, simi-ridged shell . ( sorry wife and I have been watching nothing but TBBT for a week, I think sheldon cooper is starting to rub off on me )

on a personal note. I respect and could possibly agree with all the views points given thus far, and many of those to come. one must just realize this is all a game and life is to short to be overly worked up over such matters.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
02-03-2012, 11:16 PM
I'ts not an escort... It's too fat and to large for cannons. But hey... dont let me stop you.. Mount some single cannons on it and see if you have sucess ^^
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
02-04-2012, 12:26 AM
Lol at the idea of anyone trying to use cannons on that whale of a ship. Just make a turret boat and pretend.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
02-04-2012, 12:58 AM
I always thought KDF players overexaggerating when they said Feds want always everything much better. This thread is proof.

Seriously, the Odyssey is no friggin escort and not even meant to deal unlimited dps while being indestructible. Read the Odyssey's backstory. It is a "civil" ship, not a battlecruiser. Yes, STO is an shooting game but that's not the Odyssey's fault
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
02-04-2012, 01:14 AM
DHC's on this Lead School Bus? ... Sure... Go for it... And if you do I want to be your enemy in PvP
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:40 PM.