Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
02-04-2012, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brainfacer View Post
This is kind of where I draw the line. If my whole team's left me to personally die about 10 times to 4-5 people, I just warp out as well. If there was a concede button, I'd hit it, but I'm not spending 5 minutes kamikazing.
This is understandable to me, and I don't fault anyone for leaving when it's 5-on-1.

I just personally do it to get a chance at some interesting 1v1, and to try to see how the premades kill. (Or if I'm in my tanking ships, to see how long I can hold out against a premade.)

I'm curious as to why. I can understand that more a long time ago, when there was a chance that a premade was just trying to grief the PuGs, (And indeed, I've seen some premades do just that, and called them out for it. And they are generally too cowardly to fight 1v1 if they are THAT kind of team) but nowadays I think its more a matter of them having little other choice if they want to play together.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Askray
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-04-2012, 09:21 AM
There are valid points on both sides of this issue but a new "rule or punishment" won't solve it.:

1) If you are outmatched/outnumbered, you should not feel bad about being killed...repeatadly. Just grow some marbles and finish out the match, you might even learn a new tactic.

2) If you are in a premade and obliterating virtually the same group of pugs match after match, break up your team and make it a fair/fun fight. The more fun the pugs have, the more PvPers we'll have, and maybe more premades will develope. The most exciting matches are 15-14, not 15-0.

Perhaps we could declare 1 day a week "Pug Appreciation Day" and ask that premade/elite players pug on this day?
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-04-2012, 09:26 AM
ah, i never warp out. actually thats a lie,

on the 2nd i warped out of a 5v5 Odyssey "i just got it so lets test it out" match....it was 13-3, we were going down, and i had to go get my kid from school. who knew that particular match would last an hour and a half....lol

but still, i politely appologised to the zone, and threw out a GG.

and heck, if MY team decides to warp out, im guns a blazing against that premade on the other side. imma mess someones day up before the match is over...or not. but i'd hate to waste anyone's time because of loggers. i die a few times and we all get our rewards. good thing i have my team to run with at least half the time i'm on...

have fun, dont warp out, kill bad guys

horizon
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-04-2012, 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJohnnyX

Perhaps we could declare 1 day a week "Pug Appreciation Day" and ask that premade/elite players pug on this day?
Or a pvp queue option called "Joint wargames" where both sides are mixed
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-04-2012, 10:49 AM
I only leave Cap and Holds that have been going on for at least half an hour both sides still have over 1000 influence with an enemy thatís only trying to kill other players.

In terms of Arena if Iím lousing I do my best and go down fighting I think thatís what the Quitters need to do.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-04-2012, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmeagolSneak View Post
I only leave Cap and Holds that have been going on for at least half an hour both sides still have over 1000 influence with an enemy thatís only trying to kill other players.

In terms of Arena if Iím lousing I do my best and go down fighting I think thatís what the Quitters need to do.
If you notice that's what's going on in C&H then why don't you go and cap some points?
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-04-2012, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmeagolSneak View Post

Those are the matches I come out of with 0 damage/healing: Because while everyone else furballed, I went out and capped points
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-04-2012, 02:39 PM
Some of the problem is that the PvP community is so small. But most of the time, you get some carebear players joining just to finish their dailies. These players don't care about winning, or actually learning to play, they just want some credit for actually showing up.

When they face a premade, they get all glum and immediately give up. They panic, run in and suicide, thinking they'll get credit anyway. Ruins my fun of facing off against good opponents. So I'll join the next queue, and face the same situation. Or they'll quit, thinking it's hopeless.

I PvP for no rewards, or to chase a carrot, but PvP cause I like to play, and win. Or lose... as long as it's a good fight. But having been on both the pugging side and premades, it's almost painful to try pugging nowadays. Feels like russian roulette. Cept the chambers are filled with 5 bullets instead of 1.

The solution? I'm not sure, but maybe top end rewards again for PvPing, like there use to be, to bring players back, and actually care about pvping. New maps. New scenarios. Something to bring people back. I put the blame solely at Cryptic's feet for the current state of PvP.

The situation hasn't changed much, but there use to be a time when a lot more people would PvP. Even premades, if not top end, would take some casualties, and even lose. And there were a lot more premades as well, of all qualities. There were still a lot of bad puggers, but you'd also run into a lot of lone wolves, as well as members w/o their fleets. A lot of quality players spread around. Now it's pretty barren, with only a few fleets left. Sad state of affairs.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-04-2012, 03:56 PM
It would be nice if they would introduce an additional daily mission, or something like it, which offers significant rewards for winning matches or capping points as opposed to just being there. At this point it's a bad idea to go all or nothing with the current system but adding something new might help.

It's just too easy to justify leaving. I don't like Theta. This guy is chaining FBP. Oh look more spiraling FAWkers. Is that a Carrier spamming fighters? Too many excuses. At any rate, there are some but still very few situations in which leaving is ok.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-04-2012, 04:54 PM
Play KVK, problem solved.