Lt. Commander
Ok here's a game for you guys to play. Pick 3 to 5 fail MMOs, be it something that was cancelled after it was released, or it didn't see the light of day of a release date.

Here are a few examples released fails are:

1. Earth & Beyond

2. Tabula Rasa

3. Auto Assault

Now if you would take those 3 games and mashed them together, you would have a great one I think. But it's IMO only. lol You have the space combat of Earth and Beyond, and the Ground Combat of Tabula Rasa. Toss in the vehicals of Auto Assault for a fast pass ground fight and I think you have a winner.

So name a few cancelled or failed MMOs, Mash them up together, and tell us why you think it would make a great game.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-03-2012, 06:06 AM
Hmm, not too sure on two of them, but I think having the resource/crafting system from the original SWG would be an excellent addition to any MMO.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-03-2012, 06:37 AM
Oh SWG had a great crafting system, one of the best in any MMO. I always figured it would be great to have that as a base to any new game coming out, be it Fantasy or Scifi.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-04-2012, 04:33 AM
The ultimate MMO would take 5-6 years but that would never happen. Development has to happen after launch as usual. There is a couple of games that need to get things very right that Cryptic got very wrong and the way to do that is probably copying the good parts of some mmo.

These games need to get guild, trading, crafting and genesis right or they will sink...

1. MechWarrior Online
2. Fallout Online

Could you imaging Fallout without the ability for guilds to buy a shanty town plus a more expensive military base then maybe also buy a vault? It would be madness not to have such a feature.

That is how I think about STO. When I came on this game and found fleets do not have their own bases for defending against both NPC and player attacks; I was totally shocked. STO is my first PC mmo, I expected far too much but quickly learned the time it takes to make a good game.

STO is at what 4-5 year stage. I bet new mmo in 2020 will be looking at STO for ideas I do believe that, despite what appears as early failings too many gamers.