Lt. Commander
Well we've stood idly by while the ground STFs were nerfed through the ground but here I have to ask... why buff Cure space then?

The BoPs that come for the Kang now fire supercharged plasma torpedoes. They one shot tank specced Vo'quvs and various cruisers. What's the point of having resistences if the Borg NPCs are cheating around the clock anyway? I'd like a Cryptic dev to come explain that one to me.

I don't want a nerf to space STFs, just bloody make sure that the Borg play by the rules also and STOP the oneshots of them, it's absolutely bs!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-04-2012, 05:09 AM
there are viable strategies posted in these forums please read them...

It tends to be the longest of the Space STF's but carriers work wonders and so does not killing the cubes but weakening them like in infected space then finishing them all off at once.

The main thing is you need a solid group of folks who know what they are doing...not an average pug group full of folks hoping to get some elite loot and not really having the skills to help efficiently which is what i see in Cure leite spcae all the time......
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-04-2012, 06:42 AM
They seem to have really railed up the one-shot potential when fighting elites with torps...

I was stringing out a loud line of obscenities while leveling my science captain after the patch, as the one shot kills were just nuts and I couldn't do a thing to survive them...

Cryptic really blows hot and cold on this... They have never found the Goldie Locks Zone for damage...always too hot or too bloody cold it seems...

and I'm so tired of hearing the word "technique"... It's not about "technique".... they can one shot you under full buff....the only "techniques" to apply are avoidance, ninja kill, or luck... all of which will eventually work, none of which are actually "technique".... =)
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-04-2012, 08:09 AM
Garravesh i think you're miising the point.

It's all about respecting the rules of the game. Not to know wether or not there is a bent way to succeed. I mean there should be no way you can take 35000 damage when your shields are still up, especially when the torpedo that inflicts this is most of the time "invisible". There should be no way a tank with resistance on his shields and the biggest amount of shield points looses one shield with a single beam shot from a cube.

Now let's talk about the "strategy" you're refering to. You have to lower each cube's health and finish them off at the same time, or raptors will come and get you right?

How do you RP explain this hmmm? Borgs are too stupid to realize they need reinforcments when they have three cubes with 5% health? They are aware that they're about to loose ONLY when the cube is destroyed?

Really, when i play THE CURE i feel like i'm playing Wondeboy on sega master system, when you had to cut a flower behind a crate or else the dragon is invicible. It just makes no sense.

I wish elite would mean challenging IA, not what we can legitimately call cheating NPCs.

No offense.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-04-2012, 08:18 AM
agreed, not having the option to even shoot down the bloody torpedo is annoying, you cant see it!
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-04-2012, 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by garravesh View Post

It tends to be the longest of the Space STF's but carriers work wonders and so does not killing the cubes but weakening them like in infected space then finishing them all off at once.

The main thing is you need a solid group of folks who know what they are doing...not an average pug group full of folks hoping to get some elite loot and not really having the skills to help efficiently which is what i see in Cure leite spcae all the time......
Have you even PLAYED any of the real ELITES yet? Guess you haven't then. Space STFs are overall fine but the ONESHOTS need to stop. There's nothing about L2P attitudes like yours here, it's making it bloody manageable to SURVIVE something!
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-04-2012, 08:35 AM
When a cube can hit fully tanked out ship with full shields and every defensive buff possible for 750k, then something is seriously wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-04-2012, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by garravesh View Post

lol yeah... we know...
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-04-2012, 08:51 AM
Im agreed on the one shots!!!! I dont mind the grind so much as getting killed like at least a dozen times during this mission with the best equipment the game has to offer. Just kinda getting one shotted by invisible torpedoes and dying over and over and over!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-04-2012, 09:40 AM
I hate those invisible torpedoes =[