Lt. Commander
# 11
02-04-2012, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
When a cube can hit fully tanked out ship with full shields and every defensive buff possible for 750k, then something is seriously wrong.
"We cant repel firepower of that magnitude" - Adm Ackbar.

-
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-04-2012, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by garravesh View Post
there are viable strategies posted in these forums please read them...

It tends to be the longest of the Space STF's but carriers work wonders and so does not killing the cubes but weakening them like in infected space then finishing them all off at once.

The main thing is you need a solid group of folks who know what they are doing...not an average pug group full of folks hoping to get some elite loot and not really having the skills to help efficiently which is what i see in Cure leite spcae all the time......
Have you read the important ones to see who contributed? You may find the OPs name mentioned....

Anyhow, being one shot killed by something invisible and seeing no damage or damage that is just way over the top has to be sorted. At least a warning or even a visible torpedo.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-04-2012, 12:39 PM
Indeed.
Virtually ALL MMORPG's have some kind of warning ot major visual que before an enemy makes any kind of super attack that can wipe anyone out in one hit, so that people can either run away or take cover in time.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-04-2012, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by garravesh
there are viable strategies posted in these forums please read them...
You're right, there are viable strategies posted. You can also be assured that I'm at least somewhat familiar with said strategies. I assure you that Meynolt here is about as far from a n00b who needs to learn to play as you can get. The one-shots are a problem, and it detracts from the fun of the missions.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-04-2012, 06:01 PM
I took 2 players from the forums last night on an infected elite run and showed them in vent how to avoid the tac cubes one shot.....

Guess what.....it worked and they were like hmm cool....I survived the invis torpedo of death 4 times in a row......the most damage I took was approx 48k ...

They were not satisfied though and said they need to nerf the game still.... parphrasing him he said someting to the effect Not everyone is gonna use your loadout and all loadouts should be able to survive the borg oneshot......science vessel or escprt as well......I wanted to punch a kitten.....

I am guessing there will be no pleasing many of the players until they can can stand head to head against a Tac cube and live ...i call bologna......
Elite is elite for a reason...adapt and learn the strats or go play easy mode.

What are the real elites??? Elite on episode content? I have a commander right now created Dec 24th I have only played the content on elite. It is entirely doable as well...there are a larger amount of deaths but it is doable.....but you dont see me crying in the forums we need to make elite similiar to easy mode.

To be honest i would like to see the so called invis weapon made into something like Donatras torpedo cluster of doom on CURE...you can see it but you better be geared to take it like a man or go pop and you cant shoot it down.....the irony would be grand.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-04-2012, 07:46 PM
Cure Space is Broken again
from last 2 patches

Cubes break dance in it
still get the charge penalty after you complete mission

infected gate is alive moves sideways and 45 degree angle

every time they add stuff or change stuff to STF's they break
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-04-2012, 08:18 PM
Along with Meynolt and Naldoran (both of which I run with often), the fact that I've been hit for 2x my hull health (which with me in my Negh'var is around 54,000) through nearly 11,000 shield health (<3 Honor Guard shield, WTB working costume for it though) with every defensive buff I can muster is the largest crock of ****ake mushrooms that I've seen. What the frack are we trying to gun down, a Death Star? Not anywhere near that, just some Borg that seem to have taken lessons from the Galactic Empire on weapons development. Now being one shot with a downed shield? A bit more reasonable, if you're not running brace for impact and other kinetic resistances.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-04-2012, 08:26 PM
I agree that fighting the Borg (especially on Elite) should be Hard. Maybe frustrating due to to the fact that they are the BORG... Since when is it EASY to take them on? However, I do always prefer smarter enemies than just blatantly OP enemies... The Borg get a slight pass because they ARE OP in the shows.

Invisible Torps of Doom are not acceptable. If they are going to be that deadly they should be killable and visible. That said: Tyken's III is your best friend vs. Borg Cubes... If you can get a number of Sci vessels together you can keep one shut down the entire time.

The combination of Shield Draining and Hull mutilating is sort of a Borg thing and it is ok but it seems like Star Fleet or the KDF might some day figure out how to keep their shields from being aced so fast hmmm?
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-04-2012, 08:54 PM
I believe that the accuracy overflow system is to blame for this, combined with the way things stack.

Lets say a borg has normal accuracy (no overflow) and 50% crit severity and uses a high yield (+500%?). Lets say he does 2k base normally, on a crit he would deal 3k or 15k with high yield.

Now lets boost his severity up to 100% cause he's elite, he also gains another 50% bonus to it from his buffed up accuracy and uses same skill. His base damage was also boosted by 50% cause hes a freaking elite and deserves it! 3k base, 7.5k crit, 37.5k ability crit. And i'm sure the scaling is even scarier than that. In the end though I think the higher accuracy is cause the math to occasionally scale in a freakish way.

I also have a feeling that shield resistance is not being calculated in properly against attacks that do enough damage to collapse the shield with a shot but have no proof to that effect.

Honestly, crit severity should be a fixed number, atleast for NPCs. This is why we have a 35% shield boost console to prevent the normal one shots.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-04-2012, 09:17 PM
Have a pics of that...I thought I was seeing things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean2448
Cure Space is Broken again
from last 2 patches

Cubes break dance in it
still get the charge penalty after you complete mission

infected gate is alive moves sideways and 45 degree angle

every time they add stuff or change stuff to STF's they break