Lt. Commander
# 21
02-04-2012, 09:28 PM
If one facing is below a certain percantage...that's the moment the Cube strikes, and even others have said too., they are fully shield, and hulled up...and still get smack like a ballon...pop!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreael
I believe that the accuracy overflow system is to blame for this, combined with the way things stack.

Lets say a borg has normal accuracy (no overflow) and 50% crit severity and uses a high yield (+500%?). Lets say he does 2k base normally, on a crit he would deal 3k or 15k with high yield.

Now lets boost his severity up to 100% cause he's elite, he also gains another 50% bonus to it from his buffed up accuracy and uses same skill. His base damage was also boosted by 50% cause hes a freaking elite and deserves it! 3k base, 7.5k crit, 37.5k ability crit. And i'm sure the scaling is even scarier than that. In the end though I think the higher accuracy is cause the math to occasionally scale in a freakish way.

I also have a feeling that shield resistance is not being calculated in properly against attacks that do enough damage to collapse the shield with a shot but have no proof to that effect.

Honestly, crit severity should be a fixed number, atleast for NPCs. This is why we have a 35% shield boost console to prevent the normal one shots.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-07-2012, 06:31 AM
Garravesh you obviously think you're unique and you're an elite in real life this is soooooo funny.

Like i said before this post is not a "please help me!!!" one.

Be aware that you're not the only one to be able to (barely and most of the time luckily, admitt it!) avoid the ghost torpedo.

Our point is that we expect better from elite than bosses with all the (ultra buffed) assets and no weaknesses. There are many (smater) other ways to force players to coordonate their actions in a mission without using this chemical way that you call unappropriately difficulty.

You know what, given you seem to be extra gifted, i have a challenge for you:

Play elite with your toes, it's even harder, and you'll tell us how you explained other players how to make it this way too.

Let me guess, that's what you're doing already, aren't you?
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-07-2012, 06:40 AM
In my opinion no “boss” or elite ship in the game should have the ability to shoot a weapon that cannot be defended against whereas to destroy a player utterly without any hope whatsoever. I found it extremely annoying to have full hull strength, full shield strength; yet only to be destroyed without any sense or reason as to why or how this could happen!

They should fix the problem!
Lt. Commander
# 24 useless items.
02-07-2012, 08:41 AM
I'm tired of getting the crapy rewards after beating the STF missions. The get the exact same thing in the Elite STF missions. Come on guys, you people busting their behinds trying to beat thise STF missions to get level XII gear and or MACO gear. This 1/1000th chance of getting anything good at the end of a STF mission has got to go.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-07-2012, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexin_Cobra View Post
I'm tired of getting the crapy rewards after beating the STF missions. The get the exact same thing in the Elite STF missions. Come on guys, you people busting their behinds trying to beat thise STF missions to get level XII gear and or MACO gear. This 1/1000th chance of getting anything good at the end of a STF mission has got to go.
This has what to do with this thread??
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-07-2012, 10:03 AM
Just did a Cure space elite now with the fleet that wasn't the most experienced at it and we lost out by 1 second (went below 75% before warping out) and this only happened because first cube went down too soon and no one was on the third. It's all about killing the cubes at the same time which seems to be a sticking point for me rather than overpowered ships.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-07-2012, 10:20 AM
This thread seems like a rehash of the "magic missile" ( as I like to call it) thread found here:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=248389

If I read the OP correclty, Raptors/BOP are doing it now too? I havent played elite stf for a couple weeks now, since f2p started, so I have no opinion on that part of it. My opinion on the tac cube torp o' death is well documented in the thread above. While I don't feel that everybody should be able to survive it, I do feel that a fairly average/normal(is there such a thing?) specced cruiser/carrier should be able to survive a hit from it. I also feel that it should be visible, if not destroyable. To whoever said something about the torp storm o' death from Donata- that is survivable, just hit brace for impact. Same thing goes for the storm from B'ger. The magic missile however is not to be survived in this way BECAUSE I CANT SEE IT COMING!! Sure I can guess where it is, but the chances of a correct guess with a buff that only lasts for a few secs are pretty low. We shouldn't all have to spec as awesome as Garravesh, that would defeat the idea of having a unique ship. That's one thing I enjoy about STO, is that you can do any of the missions in any build of any ship, you may have to do them in different ways. As for visible plasma torps that are fired by all Romulans/most Borg, the phaser turret you get from the CE handles them nicely, as it seems to fire at your closest enemy be it a ship or a projectile. More often than not it will take out a plasma torp just fine, except when fired at point blank, as it is probably shooting the enemy ship and doesnt have the ROF to take the torp down before it hits you.

As an aside, the magic missile as of this point is non targetable by any means. I found this out when I was running away from a tac cube , and I had a strong suspicion that it had fired that magic missile. So I promptly hit "beam array fire at will" and we know that hits any targetable target in its arc. Well by the time the beams had stopped firing, I was about 20k away from the tac cube, turned towards it and died. Popped like a soap bubble. Torp followed me, and was invisible, and apparently does not lose any effectiveness over long distances either.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-07-2012, 03:08 PM
valaris: we should inform starfleet!
scotty: INFORM THEM OF WHAT?! A NEW WEAPON THAT IS INVISIBLE?!? RAVING LUNATICS THATS WHAT THEY"LL CALL US!!
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-07-2012, 05:45 PM
That has happened to me several times...

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalkorrd View Post
This thread seems like a rehash of the "magic missile" ( as I like to call it) thread found here:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=248389

If I read the OP correclty, Raptors/BOP are doing it now too? I havent played elite stf for a couple weeks now, since f2p started, so I have no opinion on that part of it. My opinion on the tac cube torp o' death is well documented in the thread above. While I don't feel that everybody should be able to survive it, I do feel that a fairly average/normal(is there such a thing?) specced cruiser/carrier should be able to survive a hit from it. I also feel that it should be visible, if not destroyable. To whoever said something about the torp storm o' death from Donata- that is survivable, just hit brace for impact. Same thing goes for the storm from B'ger. The magic missile however is not to be survived in this way BECAUSE I CANT SEE IT COMING!! Sure I can guess where it is, but the chances of a correct guess with a buff that only lasts for a few secs are pretty low. We shouldn't all have to spec as awesome as Garravesh, that would defeat the idea of having a unique ship. That's one thing I enjoy about STO, is that you can do any of the missions in any build of any ship, you may have to do them in different ways. As for visible plasma torps that are fired by all Romulans/most Borg, the phaser turret you get from the CE handles them nicely, as it seems to fire at your closest enemy be it a ship or a projectile. More often than not it will take out a plasma torp just fine, except when fired at point blank, as it is probably shooting the enemy ship and doesnt have the ROF to take the torp down before it hits you.

As an aside, the magic missile as of this point is non targetable by any means. I found this out when I was running away from a tac cube , and I had a strong suspicion that it had fired that magic missile. So I promptly hit "beam array fire at will" and we know that hits any targetable target in its arc. Well by the time the beams had stopped firing, I was about 20k away from the tac cube, turned towards it and died. Popped like a soap bubble. Torp followed me, and was invisible, and apparently does not lose any effectiveness over long distances either.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-07-2012, 05:50 PM
My understanding, and I very well could be wrong since I don't remember where I got it, but you should think of the Tac Cube Torp as a Teleported Torp. They bypassed your shields and teleported straight onto your hull. Practically speaking this makes sense since when I am 0.0 km from Tac Cube and I'm hit w/this the cube doesn't take any splash damage just my warp core breech. Also, you could use TBR and still get nailed from it. I could be wrong, but I don't think it's meant to be an invisible torp.

I can see why others don't like it, but I kinda do. I wish there was a Boff skill, so we could to it to other players when their shields are down tbo.