Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Total waste of my 600 cyptric points,only usefull part i found was the grappler....
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
04-13-2012, 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanpus
Total waste of my 600 cyptric points,only usefull part i found was the grappler....
It's a Tier 1 ship... It says as much in it's description. What did you expect? The Enterprise-G?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
04-13-2012, 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koppenflak
It's a Tier 1 ship... It says as much in it's description. What did you expect? The Enterprise-G?
lmfao ent g nice one lol
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
04-13-2012, 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanpus
Total waste of my 400 cyptric points,only usefull part i found was the grappler....
Fixed that for you.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
04-14-2012, 12:04 AM
I recently bought it too, I think it's a nice looking ship, gives good credit to the series and I love the crabbler. Every time I use it, my inner child laughs to Vulcans. Smelly humans can manage without them! Although it's a shame they didn't limit it to Warp 5. I could live with that.

There are lots of possibly more useful things to buy, but I really appreciate that we have the chance to collect all relevant ships from the series.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
04-14-2012, 12:55 AM
The NX is a good starter ship for its layout. That is what it is for.
I wish they had made the D'Kyr T2.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
04-14-2012, 11:50 AM
IMHO the NX replica is a vast improvement over the Marinda class cruiser and is a perfect T1 escort.

equip it with dual beams and two dual cannons and a rear turret (try disruptors) and take her into a fight such as starbase 24.

as a Lt (level 6) i was able to go into no less than six separate starbase encounters giving me four 1st places (and the nice Mk 1-2 purples that come with it) and i would class myself as an "average" player at best.

used well the NX is a monster in combat
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
04-14-2012, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiipe View Post
I recently bought it too, I think it's a nice looking ship, gives good credit to the series and I love the crabbler. Every time I use it, my inner child laughs to Vulcans. Smelly humans can manage without them! Although it's a shame they didn't limit it to Warp 5. I could live with that.

There are lots of possibly more useful things to buy, but I really appreciate that we have the chance to collect all relevant ships from the series.
the reason they didn't limit it to warp 5 is because it is a 25th Century REPLICA of the original 22nd Century Starship. Personally I would have loved to have also gotten a replica of the INTERIOR of the NX-Class Starship in the bundle, but such is life I suppose. That said, a 25th Century Starship, even one that is supposed to be a replica of a warp 5 starship, that is incapable of going faster than warp 5 would be kind of useless to starfleet in the 25th century, even if it is a tier 1 starship (a starship limited to warp 5 would likely be considered a Tier 0 starship when all is said and done, placing it even lower than the Miranda Class on the grand scale).

I also have to second Aries' opinion that if used well the NX-01 model of starship is a very powerful ship at the first 10 levels of the game.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
04-14-2012, 01:25 PM
I think would have liked if the grappler could also put slotted into the device slot.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
04-14-2012, 01:35 PM
I like the NX and is my standard issue to my tac classed chars mainly due to the grappler giving us time to really lay down the hurt. In my opion the NX the TOS connie and even the Oberth are great T1 ships for you to use.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:06 PM.