Lt. Commander
Official teaser:

Starfleet has recently retaken a small planet from Klingon forces in the Pi Canis sector block. and are proceeding to build a small base to protect it from counterattack.

Your ship has been ordered to help in the build process, but it appears that a certain omnipotent being has also taken interest in the new outpost, and the Klingons may have more invested in the planet than previously realized...

Starfleet, any level

As usual, I invite any critique or feedback you might have. I had fun putting a Q mission together for STO. Thanks in advance!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-04-2012, 07:48 AM
i can say that it was definitly very Q :-)

enjoyed it, and you allready got my notes
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-04-2012, 08:55 AM
Really enjoyed it as usual. The flying into the planet sequence was nice and it was indeed very Q-like!
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueEnterprise View Post
Would love if you could take a look at my latest. There are a few different avenues you can take on the last map so maybe you can help me by telling me which selections you made there, if you found any typos:

Flashpoint Q
Federation, any level
ST-HNQZK3KDJ
Duration: 30-45m?
Federation Mission - Flashpoint Q
Author: RogueEnterprise
Allegiance: Federation
Project ID: ST-HNQZK3KDJ

----------Report Start-----------

Summary: This is an outstanding mission from start to finish. The map designs were spectacular, especially the planetary caverns. Your design and execution of those sequences is amazing. The story dialog was excellent and very riveting. It drew me in and kept me holding on till the very end. The battles where very well done and a lot of fun. I would highly recommend this mission to anyone who loves a great story combined with fantastic map design and good battles. There is not a boring moment in this mission.

Below are a couple of items I noted while playing the mission that I wanted to let you know about. Everything in this write up should be seen as suggestions on ways I felt you could improve certain elements of the mission. They are yours to do with as you see fit.

Mission Description: This is a very detailed and well written description. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this description.

Grant Mission Dialog: This is a well written dialog with just enough story to entice me into click the "Accept" button. I noted one item to consider changing:
-Consider changing "Klingon base on near the Xaratine system" to read "Klingon base near the Xaratine system.

Mission Task: This is a good mission task with a clear start point for the first custom map. I noted no spelling errors with this task.

Mission Entry Prompt: This is a good use of the prompt. I noted one item to consider changing:
-Consider changing "Coordinates reached.The U.S.S. Domina" to read Coordinates reached. The U.S.S. Domina".

MAPS:
Rendezvous: This is an excellent map design. The story dialog is very well written and I liked the branching dialog for those whove played the Niemy mission. I noted no issues with the map. I noted one item to consider changing:
-The initial dialog; consider changing "In my opinion,if the Klingons" to read "In my opinion, if the Klingons".

Starfleet Marines Outpost: This is an outstanding map design. The story dialog was excellent. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialog or any issues with the map.

Planetary Pursuit: This is a fantastic map design with the planet and the cavern. Wow! The story dialog is outstanding. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialog. I noted one item to consider changing:
-While I was reading the initial dialog I saw the U.S.S. Domina Justitia destroyed. Following the second battle Captain Niemy is reporting the Klingon ships that entered the atmosphere. Perhaps place a barrier between the ships to keep them from engaging each other until post dialog. Or have them not spawn until post dialog. If those options do not work I am not sure what you can do to correct this.

Weapon Refinement Facility: This is a great map design with a couple of good battles. The story dialog with the extra optional tasks is quite excellent. I noted not issues with this map. I noted one item to consider changing:
-The post "Scan Ore" dialog; consider changing "I can not tell what" to read "I cannot tell whet".

Escape from the Planet: The map design is outstanding with the cave and then planetary orbit. The story dialog is great. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialog or any issues with the map.

Court Martial Q: This is an excellent map design. The story dialog was extremely well written. I picked the "Untrue" defense at the end of the court martial. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialog or any issues with the map. I noted one item to consider changing:
-Story point; Captain Niemy states "there are no more Q in the system" and the "Q" NPC is still hanging in the air.

---------End Report----------

Thanks again for authoring and for giving me the chance to review your work. You did a great job on this mission. It was truly enjoyable all the way through.
Brian

This critique report also filed 02/11/2012 on forum posting for: In depth mission reports upon request.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-12-2012, 06:20 PM
Thank you all for your feedback so far, and especially Evil70th as usual for his in depth look.

Evil, on the map where you say the named ship was destroyed, I had considered doing something like you suggested, but as the friendly ship was a reskinned Fed Battleship, and the enemies were Frigates, I thought it would be okay, but perhaps not. Maybe changing the enemies to a Weak squad would help? I'll have to try it when I get the chance.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-12-2012, 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueEnterprise View Post
Thank you all for your feedback so far, and especially Evil70th as usual for his in depth look.

Evil, on the map where you say the named ship was destroyed, I had considered doing something like you suggested, but as the friendly ship was a reskinned Fed Battleship, and the enemies were Frigates, I thought it would be okay, but perhaps not. Maybe changing the enemies to a Weak squad would help? I'll have to try it when I get the chance.
Im glad I could help with the review.

As for the good guy getting blown up, what I saw beyond the dialog box was a short engagement that caused one of the ships to explode, which took the other bad guy and then the good guy was badly damaged by the blast of both bad guys. As I jumped to help he was destroyed by the other ship when I blew it up. I was thinking if there was a way to prevent the spawn of the bad guys until after the dialog. Perhaps add a trigger that is set off when the player moves forward. I think it might turn out different if the player ship was there to take some of the heat of battle off the good guy.

Hope that helps.
Brian
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-09-2012, 06:04 PM
Hey all, I wanted to tease that I'll be coming out with something of a sequel, though it's definitely quite standalone, featuring the new Q!

In the meantime, while I'm in the polishing stages of my new mission, if you have any comments on this one that's out I'll be sure to try and work some of it in to the new mission. Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 8 Another Good MIssion
03-12-2012, 04:39 PM
This was a fun mission! As always, your map design was well executed and highly creative. The combat was challenging, but not too much. The character of "Q" was great--I especially loved the quip about the other "Q" helping us aggressively advance our careers. Another great example of what the Foundry can do.