Lt. Commander
Could someone help a poor newbie! These questions have been puzzling me and I have been unable to find definite answers for these.

Do captain skills like grenades and advanced tactics also boost boff ground skills?

Also is it true that bridge officers' grenade skills share cooldown? So it wouldn't be a good ide to trait photon grenade 1 and plasma grenade 3 on same officer?

Do skills like shield recharge 1 and 2 share cooldowns if they are on same boff?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2012, 04:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by innocentnewbie
Could someone help a poor newbie! These questions have been puzzling me and I have been unable to find definite answers for these.

Do captain skills like grenades and advanced tactics also boost boff ground skills?

Also is it true that bridge officers' grenade skills share cooldown? So it wouldn't be a good ide to trait photon grenade 1 and plasma grenade 3 on same officer?

Do skills like shield recharge 1 and 2 share cooldowns if they are on same boff?
AFAIK the BOff skills aren't affected by your skills any longer, at least mine don't seem to be (my Tactical BOffs all have Photon Grenade and deal the same with both a Tactical and Science Captain). There used to be skills that buffed them but they were removed with the skill tree revamp a couple of months back.

The last two questions are basically the same so I'll answer them together. You can carry two copies of the same skill on a Bridge officer and gain benefit from both of them; if you have for example Shield Recharge 1 and 2 then whenever the Officer uses SR 1 it'll put SR2 on a short cooldown that'll be anywhere from 1/2 to 2/3 of the normal cooldown.

EDIT; Just checked in game and Shield Recharge and Photon Grenade seem to go into a 15 second cooldown when one is thrown so carrying two copies will be beneficial if you want them; they won't be locked out by shared cooldowns.
The numbers may be a little off now that BOff skills aren't usable by me so I had to watch the skills as my BOffs fought the Breen but two copies would be worth using if you wanted them.