Lt. Commander
# 1 Why can't I visit P'JEM?
02-05-2012, 03:02 PM
Every time I try, I can't enter the system.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2012, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwarren1 View Post
There is a mission involving P'jem...http://www.stowiki.org/Mission:_Diplomatic_Orders. Aside from that...there is no way to visit P'jem....unless perhaps someone makes a foundry mission there.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-05-2012, 03:33 PM
One of the failings of STO is that we are unable to randomly visit planets without having a mission to do so.

My dream is that the devs will -- one day -- introduce more sandbox activities and allow us to visit worlds at any time, though I'm not sure Cryptic has the will or ability to create such a game.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-05-2012, 03:34 PM
Yeah its kinda stupid having all these planets that have missions and you cant just beam down to have a visit because you "have" to be in a mission to beam down to majority of them that arnt social zones.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-05-2012, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwarren1 View Post
Thats because the Vulcans remember what happened last time you silly pink skins paid that monastery a 'visit'.

It only took them a hundred years to rebuild it. :p
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-05-2012, 03:56 PM
Wow, this brought back memories. During Beta (and I think early Season 1) you could visit P'Jem and many worlds as social zones. If you had a mission at the planet there would be two options - one for the mission and one for the social zone.

It caused confusion with players. Some players heard about an awesome mission on Planet X, went there, clicked a button and they would end up on the social map and would say the mission is bugged. And vice versa confusion also.

The devs made the call to remove the option of going to those planets as social zones to eliminate the confusion. They were never popular social zones in the first place because there was nothing to do there.

This is one of those half baked features that ended up on the back burner and forgotten. They could have made more intuitive buttons so players could tell a P'Jem Mission from a P'Jem Visit but never did.