Lt. Commander
# 1 STO End-game questions.
02-04-2012, 10:42 AM
I would like to briefly preface this post by saying; This is in no way intended to be sarcastic nor is it intended to bash in any way whatsoever, it is merely a genuine question b/c I am new to end-game.

Is the end-game in STO simply STF's and daily missions, and doing the missions that we have not completed on our way to VA, or is there something I am missing. It is not a huge problem to me if that's all it is, I just want to make sure that I am on the right page.

Thanks in advance for your responses.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-04-2012, 10:51 AM
In no sarcastic tone:

Endgame consists of:

- Mission replay
- STF's
- Dailies (PvE and PvP).

I can strongly suggest that you create alts both Fed and KDF... the expirience is diffrent.

However... there are several things you might want to cosinder:

DuOff assignments.
leveling reshearch

Theres nothing more pleasing than not depending on others.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-04-2012, 10:54 AM
Most mmos have the same type of end game. In sto they're called STFs. WoW calls them raids. Ultimately the goal is to grind for the best gear by doing these repetitive missions. And they're usually team based rather then solo.

In sto you also have the option of pvp or doing foundry missions rather then dailies or stfs. I guess it depends on what you consider important. For some getting the best gear is important. For others being good against other players is important. Some just like to keep doing missions. The foundry has hundreds, if not thousands, of missions in it that can keep you busy for quite some time once you get to level 50.

We all assume the plan is to advance past level 50 at some point too. X ranks of vice admiral, x ranks of fleet admiral, and so on. 50 is just as far as this game has gotten so far.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-04-2012, 06:47 PM
let's not forget, even though we saw the ships & gateways, The Iconians have yet to physically appear in the game itself
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-05-2012, 12:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEKIRED
let's not forget, even though we saw the ships & gateways, The Iconians have yet to physically appear in the game itself
Not sure how that in any way relates to the OP's question? What may or may not come later on in the game dosen't change current endgame?
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-05-2012, 06:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by poryan1010 View Post
... Is the end-game in STO simply STF's and daily missions, and doing the missions that we have not completed on our way to VA, or is there something I am missing. It is not a huge problem to me if that's all it is, I just want to make sure that I am on the right page..
In reality, the current 'End Game' is simply a delaying tactic, playing for more time until new scheduled content, (including a possible level -cap increase) gets fielded...

http://www.stowiki.org/Upcoming_content
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-05-2012, 05:44 PM
I think you're forgetting something: The Foundry. Enough content in there to keep you busy for months at a time.