Lt. Commander
# 101
02-04-2012, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boelke
IDK what all of you are *****ing about, I've been playing STO for 3 weeks..and I didn't pay for it(that's an important part because free games deserve more leniency) and I have found this game terrific. I quit swTOR for this, up til now I have never encountered unscheduled downtime. Cut them some slack already.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lerwill2012
<sarcasm mode on> On now the free game I play crashed what a terrible company for not allowing me to play for free 24/7, and it took a whole 10 minutes for them to make a post about it and it had a typo <Sarcasm mode off>

To all whiners get a life its a game and its free (Well unless you are gold)

Well, this blue name <<< certainly didn't come for free... Add to the LTS the cost of subbing one year, then double the figure for money spent in c-store, and you'll be close to how much money I've thrown Cryptics way... I can forgive server unstability, but claiming this is a free game I can not condone.

(and yes, i saw the comment about gold )
Lt. Commander
# 102
02-04-2012, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantesh View Post
Some of you guys are looking at this the wrong way. I see it as the 2 year anniversary being a smashing success. I mean, we had so many people partying so hard that we brought the house down...literally. :p
lol damn right
Lt. Commander
# 103 Free Game My Arse!
I've been paying for it since I started, and spending in game too.

It is always buggy.

Brilliant move, go free to play so when they go down, they can tell you "Well, what do you want for free."

Meanwhile, we who paid and still pay, are just food that has gone through their digestive system, they pass us out as s**t, wipe, and throw the toilet paper in all our faces.
Lt. Commander
# 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymer View Post
Actually the only reason Cryptic's name is still on City is 'cause it uses their engine. Cryptic has had no input into City for Several years now. The City IP is entirely held by NCSoft.

Thank you for the time...
They did make the game which answered his question on games they have done that have gone F2P.

And I thank you for this time I was given and would like to inform you I had a great time.
Lt. Commander
# 105
02-04-2012, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2CrypticOps
Apologies for the topic before folks. Addressing the issue was more critical to us than checking for the forum typo. Holodeck is on its way back up.
Not a problem here. I was supposed to be spending time with my girls and went back to being a responsible daddy. I will play later
Lt. Commander
# 106 Extended?
Are you going to be extending the anniversary specials due to this down time? I wanted to have a chance to try it out but only have a limited amount of time to play this weekend. This was it. -- Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 107
Sorry guys, I crashed the server because I had a good STF going. I promise I'll never try to get prototype gear again.
Lt. Commander
# 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingShip
its down again they obviously need more server space now!
thatīs not so sure, lets see how the situation will look a week after the event.

and i AM a gold member from the beginning too..
Lt. Commander
# 109
02-04-2012, 02:15 PM
Quote:
But someone has appointed you Chief of the Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaambulance.
WHATEVER! As long as I am paying for this game (Which I am) I can critique this all I want!
Lt. Commander
# 110
02-04-2012, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat
City of Heroes comes to mind. :p
Fun thing is CoH did not go F2P until a year after CO - but that's paragon, not cryptic.

Champions online (cryptic) was supposed to sweep the floor with CoX, but failed so hard they had to move to F2P to have enough of a playerbase for it to work. Since F2P, they've done a lot of good to the game, tho, now it's even fun to play, which it hasn't been in the first 2 years.

I still miss CoH, might go see how it is now that it's f2p :p

So, holodeck's up or what? Still reported as down here.
Closed Thread