Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Remove Boarding Party off your ship. I don't care what your doffs say, and what heretic said. It's still worthless, that's valuable healing or actual dps you are sacrificing there... for what fluff? Rp? Ditch it.
Don't believe me? Look at the other choices for those boff slots. BP1 there's EPTS2. Which should be a No Duh skill. There's ET2 again a no duh option. RSP1 aka the green diaper to give you an emergency shield heal post Sub Nuc. Extend Shields 1 incase you some how can't fit 2 or 3 into your build. Which on it's own makes your team mate very very difficult to kill, oh and it can't be sub nucced away. DEM1, this one's a meh skill but at least it will actually work. BP? Not going to happen, Tac team alone gaurantees this. Then there's the whole fact that it's very rare for a BP team to actually make it to the target, let alone damage a critical subsystem at the proper time.

BP2 vs good skills, Extend shiels 2.. it's like ES1 but way stronger. ET3, ditto it's ET2 but way better. ASIF2 great if you want to run Extends 3. Warp Plasma 1, there incase you want to run Extend3, or ASIF3. DEM2, much better than DEM1 great for frying people through shields and maintaining very high pressure.

BP3, please... here's a list of better powers. Extend 3, Warp Plasma 3, DEM3, ASIF3. Heck this one is a crap power in of itself... and it's still better. RSP3.

RSP2 or 3... any use they have is served by what 1 does for you. And it eats up critical heal slots.

EPTS3 on non tac cruisers. Waste of a heal slot, or damage slot, or control slot. Especially since engis have access to Rotate Shield Frequency and Sci have access to Science Fleet.

Jam Sensors. Ditto. TSS1, 2, Hazard Emitters, Tractor Beam Repulsor1, Tractor Beam, Sci Team. And you want to run a skill that literally does nothing but help your team mates die faster (at best case scenario), or doesn't even actually deter your enemy? (sci team clears it.. oh and so does you shooting the target)

Tachyon Beam 1... seriously? Take it off.

And for the sake of the gaming gods Balance your shields. "my shields mean nothing!" of course they don't because you have no desire apparently to keep them up.

We're 2 years in... you guys should know better by now
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-04-2012, 09:59 PM
I'd like to add to this PSA that if you are in an Odyssey class you should heal your teammates. Even if you are a super duper taccruiser master I shouldn't out heal you 3x in my advanced escort..

The more you know
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-04-2012, 10:35 PM
And we should do this because you say so? Well I'm convinced...

On second thoughts, I'll run whatever I feel like, Maybe to annoy you I'll load Boarding Party 1,2 and 3
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-04-2012, 10:40 PM
Ohhh boi, you sure told him!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-05-2012, 02:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack-NZ
And we should do this because you say so? Well I'm convinced...

On second thoughts, I'll run whatever I feel like, Maybe to annoy you I'll load Boarding Party 1,2 and 3
So you reckon boarding party is a worthwhile boff skill?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-05-2012, 06:45 AM
One more thing. EWP on a Bortas. Stop it. Please.

Also, stop calling me a zombie I still throw out Extends and Hazards when I'm being focused!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack-NZ
And we should do this because you say so? Well I'm convinced...

On second thoughts, I'll run whatever I feel like, Maybe to annoy you I'll load Boarding Party 1,2 and 3
It's just good general PvP habit to not run skills like that; those BPs will get sniped down faster than you can launch them, and you're actually shafting your teammates by 'wasting' a slot and not having other more valuable skills there.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
02-05-2012, 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack-NZ
And we should do this because you say so? Well I'm convinced...

On second thoughts, I'll run whatever I feel like, Maybe to annoy you I'll load Boarding Party 1,2 and 3
I'll keep this in mind the next time you say anything about game balance. You want to run a crap ship? Fine. Don't complain when those of us that don't face roll you, like you have in the past.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
02-05-2012, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldo-Raine
I'd like to add to this PSA that if you are in an Odyssey class you should heal your teammates. Even if you are a super duper taccruiser master I shouldn't out heal you 3x in my advanced escort..

The more you know
i just mentioned this over in thamupps thread.

so funny
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
02-05-2012, 08:59 AM
A more pressing matter.

If you're an avid Role Player, it is vital that you understand that using Boarding Party breaks your immersion.

A shuttle has 20 crewmen. Three shuttles launch.

A brel BoP has 30 crewmen.

As a roleplayer, it is deeply offensive and grossly negligent of cryptic to give me access to a power that uses 2x my crew size, leaving NO ONE to pilot my ship!

This is horrible design, Cryptic. Who cares about these PvP'ers, when us RP'ers have been left with immersion breaking powers for 2 years.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
02-06-2012, 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack-NZ
And we should do this because you say so? Well I'm convinced...

On second thoughts, I'll run whatever I feel like, Maybe to annoy you I'll load Boarding Party 1,2 and 3
Go for it. It will make blowing you up that much more fun!
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:20 AM.