Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-06-2012, 12:55 AM
i did boarding party in a brel for ***lulz. It would only launch 2 shuttles cuz i didnt have enough crew
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-06-2012, 05:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gx4th View Post
A more pressing matter.

If you're an avid Role Player, it is vital that you understand that using Boarding Party breaks your immersion.

A shuttle has 20 crewmen. Three shuttles launch.

A brel BoP has 30 crewmen.

As a roleplayer, it is deeply offensive and grossly negligent of cryptic to give me access to a power that uses 2x my crew size, leaving NO ONE to pilot my ship!

This is horrible design, Cryptic. Who cares about these PvP'ers, when us RP'ers have been left with immersion breaking powers for 2 years.
This is canon though, in ST 3 everybody left Kruge's bop to board the Enterprise, except for Kruge and the transporter operator. This skill is perfectly done and increases my immersion in many ways during those fine and well balanced PVP matches.

@Wolfpack; Thats right, you run whatever you want, boarding party is a valuable and innovative skill and makes my BoP's, Raptor's or Defiant's job that much easier depending on which faction I'm on and which faction has the most BP. Run that BP, run it like no one has ever run a BP before.