Lt. Commander
# 51
02-27-2012, 06:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ncha
After extensive testing I can tell you the cloak has been fixed in effectiveness. Prior to the patch I didn't bother cloaking because there was no point, you were detectable as far as 20 clicks out. In a post patch world that detection range has been shored up to within 5 clicks which is decent for a ship the Bortas' size. A general cloak afforded to the likes of the Negh'var and Vor'cha class of ship you need to be almost touching to be detected.

This is based on private challenge testing with my fleet mates.
Excellent news!! Now if the Devs would fixe the BFAW ability to fire on cloaked vessels when its used all would be well and the cloak would no longer be an advantage of the KDF with no advantage, becuase if I'm running 125 Aux whiled cloaked and still BFAW strikes me as if I'm visible to the naked eye, that just sucks.
Guess we are back to the days of Feds just flying through in pugs spamming the BFAW to find those nasty cloakers.
Lt. Commander
# 52
02-27-2012, 07:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Excellent news!! Now if the Devs would fixe the BFAW ability to fire on cloaked vessels when its used all would be well and the cloak would no longer be an advantage of the KDF with no advantage, becuase if I'm running 125 Aux whiled cloaked and still BFAW strikes me as if I'm visible to the naked eye, that just sucks.
Guess we are back to the days of Feds just flying through in pugs spamming the BFAW to find those nasty cloakers.
Or use the Neb', thats what I do.

But yes, the FAW should be fixed. I could see Cannon Scatter Volley doing that, but FAW??