Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
I was just at Q about to pick my 2nd year anniversary award and I got a Disconnected from Server message. Seriously?! Man, this game is frustrating. I only had a few hours to do anniversary event and I either spent a lot of time in queue, taking too long on quests due to lag, or being disconnected from the server.

Free to Play was supposed to make the game better, Not worse.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-06-2012, 12:16 AM
They did advertise that there was going to be maintenance several hours ago.
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...41#post3995641

Since you are having lag troubles, here is a helpful link.
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=225155
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-06-2012, 12:18 AM
How long has STO been F2P on Steam? I would imagine that the increase of players would require a bit more maintenance than usual.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-06-2012, 12:20 AM
It was also mentioned that some of the daily maintenance that they are doing is because of a database issue, something about some tweaking needed to be done daily so you don't lose your character database. I think that's real important, so I applaud them for taking the time to keep on their toes to do this every day.

Remember, while your at home, early morning, or late at night, frustrated over the downtime, there are real people having to work those hours to bring the server down, do the work and tweaking for those hours, late at night on the west coast, and make the game playable for you. it's midnight on the west coast, and those people aren't at home, with their families, they are working on STO, for YOU, to improve your gameplay experience.

I think we should give them a pat on the back for their hard work at these hours.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-06-2012, 12:22 AM
I do realize that, but I work nights,sleep days and run errands more than I di last year. My desire to play the game has not changed though, and all these access issues are frustrating for someone who now has less hours in the day to play the game in the non-prime hours.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-06-2012, 12:23 AM
Q's Quest is done in a few minutes, the flagship doesn't take much longer so there's maybe a chance for you to get both after the downtime. Maintenance is important but not every day and why stuff that worked fails after that...well, maybe they fix autofire this time.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-06-2012, 12:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirian_darkstar View Post
They did advertise that there was going to be maintenance several hours ago.
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...41#post3995641

Since you are having lag troubles, here is a helpful link.
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=225155
Speaking of which, any possiblity of an event extention due to down time? I mean there was a huge chunk of hours taken from actual gameplay to do the necessary corrections on the server. It would be nice of Cryptic to extend the event to Tuesday instead of ending it on monday the 6th.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-06-2012, 01:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackV7
Speaking of which, any possiblity of an event extention due to down time? I mean there was a huge chunk of hours taken from actual gameplay to do the necessary corrections on the server. It would be nice of Cryptic to extend the event to Tuesday instead of ending it on monday the 6th.
I agree. Extend please.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-06-2012, 01:27 AM
Yup. I just knew it. I tried to get what I could get done in the time I had left because just like last time, the maintenance and patch ended the event EARLY. Someone get the server team a clock that reads US time. Isn't the serves based on PST time? Shouldn't they know when to release stuff.

I want to stay up and wait for content to be added, but I seriously need to go to sleep and get some rest so I can run errands before work tomorrrow. And now THIS happens.

Good grief.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-06-2012, 01:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Doctor.
It was also mentioned that some of the daily maintenance that they are doing is because of a database issue, something about some tweaking needed to be done daily so you don't lose your character database. I think that's real important, so I applaud them for taking the time to keep on their toes to do this every day.

Remember, while your at home, early morning, or late at night, frustrated over the downtime, there are real people having to work those hours to bring the server down, do the work and tweaking for those hours, late at night on the west coast, and make the game playable for you. it's midnight on the west coast, and those people aren't at home, with their families, they are working on STO, for YOU, to improve your gameplay experience.

I think we should give them a pat on the back for their hard work at these hours.
Well, a lot of other MMOs don't need almost daily down time to keep their databases working, and STO didn't for quite a while.

So, while I can understand that keeping the databases working is good, maybe they should actually fix the databases so it doesn't need the constant downtime.