Lt. Commander
# 131
02-07-2012, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumerboy View Post

Yup, my fault, I'll try to fix this today.
Now see, that is exactly what I told someone in game about "why doesn't cryptic make this better?! ", "Because when something is improved, a shuttle bay is broken..."
Lt. Commander
# 132
02-07-2012, 09:29 AM
This is why it's dangerous to do all the changes that you guys (and we) might want to do. There is always dependencies that can't be easily seen. There is always a cascade of more work down the line that any change causes.

Overall, my changes to DS9 will make it easier to do further work on it in the future. . . but we have to suffer though stupid things like this in the meantime.

Anyway, it's fixed. . . dunno when you'll see it.
Lt. Commander
# 133
02-07-2012, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumerboy View Post
This is why it's dangerous to do all the changes that you guys (and we) might want to do. There is always dependencies that can't be easily seen. There is always a cascade of more work down the line that any change causes.

Overall, my changes to DS9 will make it easier to do further work on it in the future. . . but we have to suffer though stupid things like this in the meantime.

Anyway, it's fixed. . . dunno when you'll see it.
/tacosauce
Lt. Commander
# 134
02-07-2012, 09:45 AM
The thing that always got to me is instancing into Quarks and that awful ramp to the upper floor. Would it ever be possible to step into Quarks right through the door and find another mean to go upstairs. I know recreating the spiraling stairs as seen in the show may be impossible for mean reasons. But can thiis ramp be more 'molded' in a round shape around the outer walls.

Probably will never happen since it serves no practical purpose, but I always wanted to see this change.
Lt. Commander
# 135
02-07-2012, 10:11 AM
Thanks Tumorboy,

Since you're in there, I invite you to take a look at the ESD map in the foundry. Anything strike you as odd or possibly outdated?

Thanks for the fix.
Lt. Commander
# 136
02-07-2012, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
You should post that then, perhaps they would be interested and hire you like Thomas the Cat.
Im not even sure they use a system remotely similar to the one used to edit/make maps in EF2. Besides, I live in London and am not really looking to relocate to the US :p

I would build interiors on my spare time and just send them in of course. If cryptic opened up the tools for players then they could reward players with dilitium or other rewards, like hold a monthly competition. Alternatively they could even offer free cryptic points for designs that could be used in game. It would probably be cheaper than hiring a new developer and having him work on something for weeks which we players can probably create at a lower cost (no offence to the devs but they do require a salary)