Lt. Commander
# 21
02-05-2012, 04:37 PM
i would like to see some more important changes on DS9 than stairs and rooms with no use to them. How about put a Boff trainer there somewhere and how about put an NPC on Sol Starbase to get the rewards from the Borg STF? That should be done easy.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-05-2012, 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by schipani
What the station really needs is a transporter room, like on ESD.
Unfortunately, there was no such thing in DS9. People either beamed to the Prominade or came through the docks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by papragu
i would like to see some more important changes on DS9 than stairs and rooms with no use to them. How about put a Boff trainer there somewhere and how about put an NPC on Sol Starbase to get the rewards from the Borg STF? That should be done easy.
That would be a bad idea, because then there would be no reason to travel to DS9. And putting a BOFF trainer would be one less reason to travel to ESD.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-05-2012, 04:57 PM
i think DS9 does need a lot of work doing to it to make it like earth space dock. hopefully in the long distant future when the game is getting the work it deserves sector space will be huge. i want to have to say well i need to go to DS9 cos earth is to far away to get to within 20mins or so that would be ideal for it and the same for starbase 39 the others.

anyway little DS9 things. i dont want a transporter room but what would be nice is rather than transporting on is that you appear outside a dock as if your ship has docked with DS9 and then go to a door and up to the habitat ring. Also a nice way to get to Bajor from there since they are opening it up as a social zone would be to go to a runabout pad and take runabout to Bajor option (i dont mean change ships i just mean you click there and your on Bajor) the rest i am not to bothered about, yeah problems with scale and other little bits but i can overlook them. But yeah medical would be nice there to treat your officers and i would like to see D,vak returned to his ship and an interior created for the U.S.S Victory as another social zone for endgame players rather than having him on DS9 the centre of Borg activity, ohh wait no its not
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-05-2012, 04:58 PM
I'd much rather have a working Infirmary and security office. I don't see why these weren't included in the original construction.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-05-2012, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgomir View Post
I do agree Quarks should be polished a bit, and security/infirmary added. There are some dull areas around the promenade that dont fit canon either!

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...8-18-04-17.jpg
==
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...8-18-05-01.jpg
======
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...8-18-04-41.jpg
============
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...8-18-03-39.jpg
===============
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...8-18-03-27.jpg
Also need a holodeck inside the holodeck to play baseball in against a vulcan team Or maybe even a liberated borg team rofl.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-05-2012, 05:49 PM
while I'm not fussed about the Infirmary and the Security Office the only real things that I think need looking into is the doors (they are still the huge barnyard doors) and that where the shutters were outside Quark’s is now a black wall where you should see the bar, either put the shutters back up or merge Quark’s with the rest of the Promenade.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-05-2012, 07:50 PM
Whats always bugged me about Ds9 is how empty it feels. It was commerce center, not a Starfleet base. We shouldn't treat it like a starfleet base.

Of course Ds9 would empty in dangerous times, but normally you had to dodge people along the promenade. I don't suggest we fill the halls that much, but double the NPC's would help give it more of that 'feel'. Only other complaints are that sickbay and Odo's office are closed. Not cool.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-05-2012, 09:09 PM
ds9 is the sole reason i stopped paying. since f2p i've started playing again, but certainly not paying until ds9 feels like ds9. to me, it's the most important thing in the game, and cryptic is sabotaging their own game with inaccuracies like ds9. i'm sure there are many others that dont pay or just don't pay because of the broken or missing immersive elements.

ds9 needs:

fix the scale, it's completely ridiculous

open up quarks (the counter/window on the promenade, and the entrances from the upper level...NO MAP LOADING)

get rid of the ramps in (next to) quarks

add holosuites, sickbay, security complex

add spiral staircases (movement problems is no excuse, shooter mode is nearly as agile as any shooter that has spiral staircases)

get rid of the huge gymnasiums... exchange, mail, and bank can be in the station assay office. shipyard should be in a cargo bay in the docking ring.

add at least one level of the habitat ring, with at least a hundred or so accessible rooms, (2 types- quarters style, and ward room style) doesn't matter if they're all the same (very important for the foundry). and the scale, colors and lighting of the corridors and rooms is of great importance. and if a loading screen is absolutely necessary to enter the habitat ring, then spawn directly on the other side of the door, not some random place in the ring.

do all or most of these things, and you have my 15 buck a month for life. leave ds9 as it is and you'll never see another dollar from me. i'm not trying to be rude or anything. i'm just saying, that's the situation.

some other things that would be nice

bar stools at the bar

turbolift ride to an upper pylon with a nice view

accessible runabouts docked in the pads

accessible ships moored at the ports of the docking ring

jefferies tubes

mini games (racket ball, darts, some reason to pull those big handles in the airlocks)

a runabout shuttle to bajor, maybe one leaves every hour, and you can ride with other players

night time hours... lights dim, less activity on the promenade

end communication
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-05-2012, 09:18 PM
Keep in mind, fixing some ramps is like 1 hour of work. Adding in the Infirmary or Security office are probably a couple weeks each.

ETA: Also, while you all have some great ideas for DS9, what you bring up is months and months of work, for many people. Much of it is very unlikely to happen.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-05-2012, 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumerboy View Post
Keep in mind, fixing some ramps is like 1 hour of work. Adding in the Infirmary or Security office are probably a couple weeks each.

ETA: Also, while you all have some great ideas for DS9, what you bring up is months and months of work, for many people. Much of it is very unlikely to happen.
Does it help or hurt that there are missions set on a totally non-canon version of the habitat ring for both DS9 and Empok Nor that include totally alien versions of the Infirmary and Security? I think the presence of those are a big part of what shapes people's impressions about the station.