Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > The Art of Star Trek Online
Login

Lt. Commander
Okay, so I've had (or rather, been playing) this game for a few weeks now, and today I came upon my first Reman vessel. At least, the description said it was a Reman vessel. Looked like your casual Romulan Warbird to me.

With respect, taking into account all the effort and creation that has gone in to creating the many Federation and Klingon designs, why the hell are the Reman's using Romulan designed vessels? Would it really have been that hard to get a few unique designs together? You guys managed it with the Orion, Gorn, Nausicaan, and the Fek'lhri, yet you've limited the Reman military to Romulan re-skins. Why?

The Reman's of the STO timeline are, as of now, living independent of the Empire. They should have their own ships. Hopefully this is something that could be looked into at a later date?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2012, 01:11 PM
I think the Devs are working on it. More so in 2013 and are wanting (not expecting) to add a third faction by
2014. Everyone (player wise) is expecting this third faction to be a Romulan base which would include the Remans. There is time, but 2012 is dedicated to catching the KDF up to where the Federation is in regards to actual missions.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-05-2012, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nador_Ekoor View Post
I think the Devs are working on it.
That's good news if they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nador_Ekoor View Post
More so in 2013 and are wanting (not expecting) to add a third faction by
2014. Everyone (player wise) is expecting this third faction to be a Romulan base which would include the Remans.
I'd rather have the Dominion to be honest. There is suppose to be some big pack for them coming up isn't there? They'd make for an awesome play.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-05-2012, 01:45 PM
the dominion may be on the drawing board, but lets get the alpha quadrant factions in line first, shall we? other then the romulan faction, who else would there be? and dont say cardassians. unless its true way, and i suspect they will come with the dominion later on.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-05-2012, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivyn13
the dominion may be on the drawing board, but lets get the alpha quadrant factions in line first, shall we? other then the romulan faction, who else would there be?
There is a whole universe out there from which they could pluck other races out of. The Sheliak, the Tzenkethi, the Breen, the Tholian... the list is endless.

other then the romulan faction, who else would there be? and dont say cardassians.[/quote]

Quote:
unless its true way, and i suspect they will come with the dominion later on.
If they ever release a the Dominion as a playable faction, I fully expect them to include the Cardassian.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-05-2012, 01:55 PM
[quote=ariestrekker]There is a whole universe out there from which they could pluck other races out of. The Sheliak, the Tzenkethi, the Breen, the Tholian... the list is endless.

i know that, but it wouldnt make much sense to have, say, the kazon or the ilari to suddenly become a playable faction when all we have at the moment are a few alpha quadrant races.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-05-2012, 02:00 PM
Quote:
i know that, but it wouldnt make much sense to have, say, the kazon or the ilari to suddenly become a playable faction when all we have at the moment are a few alpha quadrant races.
Granted, though it seems that the Romulan Empire are in much the same position that the Cardassian Union is at the moment; broken.

The Federation have always been strong, and the Klingon's, well... it's not like they're going to need an excuse to fight. I just think it would make more sense to have the new-found Dominion Alliance as the third playable faction, and if they're going to be showing up in force pretty soon... seems like an opportunity.

I don't think the Romulan Empire is able to stand on it's own two feet right now. They'd either need to acquire an ally (other than the Reman), or be left alone for the moment.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-05-2012, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariestrekker
Granted, though it seems that the Romulan Empire are in much the same position that the Cardassian Union is at the moment; broken.

The Federation have always been strong, and the Klingon's, well... it's not like they're going to need an excuse to fight. I just think it would make more sense to have the new-found Dominion Alliance as the third playable faction, and if they're going to be showing up in force pretty soon... seems like an opportunity.

I don't think the Romulan Empire is able to stand on it's own two feet right now. They'd either need to acquire an ally (other than the Reman), or be left alone for the moment.
as a kdf player, i call you a blasphemer. kdf ftw! on the other hand. . . yeah. kdf is kinda stalling. time for another plot twisting, space bending, crazy and insane thing to make them strong again! have another array drag some species from another galaxy over or something.

As for the dominion, what races would make it up?

As for reman using romulan ships, it makes a bit of sense, considering that they were slaves for the better part of a a few centuries and have only been free for a dozen years or so, if you wanna consider it free. they nabbed whatever ships they could, which just so happen to be of romulan design and gave them a make over. what i find interesting is that the romulans use the reman scimitar design for themselves. you'd think they would detest using a ship style created by their former slaves.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-05-2012, 02:25 PM
Quote:
as a kdf player, i call you a blasphemer. kdf ftw! on the other hand. . . yeah.
I was actually complimenting the KDF.

Quote:
As for the dominion, what races would make it up?
Oh, that's easy. Obviously you'd have some Cardassian solders join you, in addition to the Breen (bet they're bitter) and Son'a (were mentioned in Nemesis with regard to ketracel white). You could always throw in the Dosi or T-Rogoran if you wanted to make up numbers. Heck, we don't know that much about the Gamma Quadrant, so other species could easily be introduced.

Considering the KDF consists of... what, four or five factions? The Dominion could easily settle with the first four named above. The only thing I'd question with the Dominion is whether they'd have a 'science division'. Guess that could be covered by the Son'a or Cardassian?

Quote:
As for reman using romulan ships, it makes a bit of sense, considering that they were slaves for the better part of a a few centuries and have only been free for a dozen years or so, if you wanna consider it free.
That's an excuse for a workaround, though it fits the bill.

Quote:
what i find interesting is that the romulans use the reman scimitar design for themselves. you'd think they would detest using a ship style created by their former slaves.
I haven't come across a Scimitar yet; and I don't want too. My little cruiser would get blown apart. Indeed it is strange though. You'd think their Warbirds would be up to almost any challenge.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-05-2012, 02:25 PM
For "Dominion" (or rather the True Way because as it seems the Dominion disagrees with what Lars is doing with the Alpha JH) I'd say:
Jem'Hadar
Vorta
Cardassian
Son'a (were mentioned as Dominion Allies in DS9 after the events of Insurrection)
along with their lower castes
Tarlac
Ellora

I would have said Breen as well, but the Deferi mission "Cold Storage" shows the two are fighting each other so I'd leave them out.

As for a motivation for the Son'a to be allied with the True Way (or rather a reason why they should continue to exist at all) would be IMO that they'd want to use Dominion cloning technology to prevent their "race" dying out since they didn't get access to the rejuvinating effects of the Ba'ku planet.

For the Remans, well we do know from the "Countdown" comics that they have their own ship designs which is why I was honestly surprised to see them using reskinned Romulan ships.

http://img1.imagebanana.com/img/asw9cy51/Remans2.jpg

http://img1.imagebanana.com/img/x68vic8/Reman.jpg