Lt. Commander
# 11
02-06-2012, 12:23 AM
hahahahaha sucked in! Just like the rest of us! Now Cryptic and PWE can laugh at you too, welcome to the suckers club, a club which I'm unfortunately apart of as well :/
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-06-2012, 12:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas2409
hahahahaha sucked in! Just like the rest of us! Now Cryptic and PWE can laugh at you too, welcome to the suckers club, a club which I'm unfortunately apart of as well :/
Yep and becareful about posting personal opinions on this forum. Cryptic cant make new content but they sure can over police there forum.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-06-2012, 01:02 AM
Great to see another lifer. The only thing wrong in the game is there are no official playable Cardassian species (we have to be called aliens). Otherwise peachy keen.

And if a Cardassian says so, it must be true.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-06-2012, 01:08 AM
Welcome aboard. I went lifer approximately 500 days ago...give or taken. I've had mixed views when it came to certain decisions of the devs/management concerning game mechanics and content. Yet, I hope, in time ...this game will become what I had hoped it to be when I first went lifer.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-06-2012, 06:48 PM
"I'm so sorry..."
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-06-2012, 07:03 PM
Hi, I'm a Silver member and I can tell you. It was worth every cent.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-07-2012, 04:42 AM
You'll realise you wasted your money when you max level a character or 3 and realise there's literally nothing to do when you get there.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-07-2012, 06:34 AM
On a F2P game, I am shocked someone made that leap in the first month. I'd get a few months of the game under my belt to see if I would plan to stay long enough for it to be worth it.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-07-2012, 06:43 AM
I took a lifetime sub in beta. It was easy choice. Went like this.

Me: "Self, will you ever tire of logging in and mindlessly shooting bad guys with phasers?"

Me: "No."

Me: "Great! You'll never guess what you're getting for your birthday!"

Call me simple but it was that easy. Happy piloting and welcome to STO!
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-07-2012, 07:23 AM
I will laugh when in a couple of weeks they bring life sub back to 200$... I am sorry to break this bubble, but are you guys aware that being a gold player actually grants you no benefits at all? So you just give them money because you like the game. Its very noble, but not enough for me. If I can play the game as silver player and still benefit from every game feature without paying a dime I WILL.

I did once an annual sub and then paid for another month when came back. But I feel that I am only paying them to get 400 cryptic coins in the end of the month. This logic doesn't make sense, since everything else not counting cap limit increase is absolutely the same.

There is NO incentive to be a gold player other than a noble "I want to support the developers because I like the game so much" reason...

I understand how getting life sub would benefit in the beginning of STO, but now? I don't even understand why should I pay for a month at this point in STO. There will be much less content released than before, main focus will be on F2P and cryptic store to gain revenue through selling items in store. And EVERYTHING in game is available for free. So Why getting life sub NOW? I fail to understand the logic. Sorry I may not be as noble as OP .