Lt. Commander
# 21
02-07-2012, 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroNavigator
I will laugh when in a couple of weeks they bring life sub back to 200$... I am sorry to break this bubble, but are you guys aware that being a gold player actually grants you no benefits at all? So you just give them money because you like the game. Its very noble, but not enough for me. If I can play the game as silver player and still benefit from every game feature without paying a dime I WILL.

I did once an annual sub and then paid for another month when came back. But I feel that I am only paying them to get 400 cryptic coins in the end of the month. This logic doesn't make sense, since everything else not counting cap limit increase is absolutely the same.

There is NO incentive to be a gold player other than a noble "I want to support the developers because I like the game so much" reason...
But... but... but after 3 months, you also get a worthless trinket called a vet reward. That's something for that 45 dollars. /sarcasm
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-28-2012, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroNavigator
I will laugh when in a couple of weeks they bring life sub back to 200$... I am sorry to break this bubble, but are you guys aware that being a gold player actually grants you no benefits at all? So you just give them money because you like the game. Its very noble, but not enough for me. If I can play the game as silver player and still benefit from every game feature without paying a dime I WILL.

There is NO incentive to be a gold player other than a noble "I want to support the developers because I like the game so much" reason...
Yeah, I was kind of hoping to buy my lifetime subscription at a discount instead of full price. But I got impatient and could not wait. As for the benefits, all I wanted was the Liberated Borg character and maybe the 400 C-Store points per month.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-29-2012, 01:40 AM
I feel that STO still has a lot of room to grow and the powers that be are hard at work collecting feedback from the community and working on them as best as they can.

I happened to accidentally participate in a torpedo rebalance discussion and a Cryptic employee picked up our suggestions and added on to them with more great proposals in a matter of hours.

I find this player centric attitude to be worthy of subscription. And agree that if you stay long enough and this remains the only Star Trek based MMO for many years to come, then an LTS is a worthwhile investment.

May you obtain great veteran's awards in the years to come :3
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-29-2012, 02:27 AM
Welcome and enjoy STO hope to see you in PvP before you see me ~~~

congrats and welcome to the STO family.