Lt. Commander
# 11
02-06-2012, 02:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isidore_Dumont View Post
I kind of hope Romulans don't start any later than Klingons, at the latest. I think the fact that we can't start running a Klingon until a certain level is partly responsible in the lower number of Klingon players compared to Feds: who wants to start running their Klingon when they're already into it with the Fed?
Agreed, I think that a faction should be picked from the start and you play a tutorial around that faction to get the controls, I don't know if they added a Klingon tutorial, I don't remember one anyway, someone can correct me there.

I've heard some funny things about the Klingon faction that makes me want to play it, Romulans would have to have something unique as well.

But more factions would be good, it'd just be better if you could pick them from the start.

Maybe even a Borg faction one day? :p
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-06-2012, 03:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JunWatarase
Agreed, I think that a faction should be picked from the start and you play a tutorial around that faction to get the controls, I don't know if they added a Klingon tutorial, I don't remember one anyway, someone can correct me there.

I've heard some funny things about the Klingon faction that makes me want to play it, Romulans would have to have something unique as well.

But more factions would be good, it'd just be better if you could pick them from the start.

Maybe even a Borg faction one day? :p
The two that I am hoping for are the Romulan Faction and a Cardassian Faction.

In regards to starting in a faction from the get go, the game literally launched incomplete - The KDF side was an entire a debacle and unfinished. The only content given to the KDF was PVP, and that went downhill fast.

Maybe in the near future, when the finish the KDF side they will reset them at level 1, just like you see the Federation. Once they achieved that, the door are open for a possible third faction in the form of the Romulans.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-06-2012, 03:25 AM
All I know is, if the D'Deridex isn't a T5 ship, I may have my first rage quiet. Evar.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-06-2012, 04:02 AM
I doubt it will ever happen ...

Klingons ... IF they are fully playable by the end of 2012 ... meaning 5 years in Development ... considering they won't just stop doing stuff for KDF and especially FEDs ... it will take at least 5 more years to do Romulans ... meaning 2017 -> STO's 7th Anniversary ... well i like STO and doubt it will shut down any time soon ... but 7 years for an MMO is a lot ...

Only thing we could get any sooner is something like .... "Here is your Lvl 45 Rommie, go play the 5 new missions, and afterwards you can fly your Warbird either on FED oder KDF side" ..... (BUT PLS NO)
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-06-2012, 07:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thutmosis
I doubt it will ever happen ...

Klingons ... IF they are fully playable by the end of 2012 ... meaning 5 years in Development ... considering they won't just stop doing stuff for KDF and especially FEDs ... it will take at least 5 more years to do Romulans ... meaning 2017 -> STO's 7th Anniversary ... well i like STO and doubt it will shut down any time soon ... but 7 years for an MMO is a lot ...

5 years in development? I hate to break it to you but they were nowhere near that much Dev time. the main focus on initial launch was fed only stuff, which meant out of the 2-3 pre-release years you were lucky to have like 1 year of dev time for the klingons. and out of the 2 after launch, aside from klingon academy a bunch of new ships, and a hand full of story missions with a some more exploration repeatable missions, there hasent been a whole lot of time devoted to the KDF.

IF the devs Really wanted to, they could likely get the KDF fleshed out by the end of this year, and another faction out at the end of 2013 or early 2014, assuming of course there is pretty much nothing but a few bug fixes getting done during that time.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-06-2012, 07:28 AM
I'm kind of wondering about a Romulan faction, but what exactly can they do with is?

It's a fractured society, yes. But we've already dealt with most, if not all the main factions.

Praetor Taris? Dealt with
Tal Shiar? Dealt With
Empress Sela? Dealt With

there isn't much left.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-06-2012, 07:31 AM
It seems to me that the best way to fix the KDF, and the lack in content in general is a more robust and easier to enter PvP.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-06-2012, 07:33 AM
I think a third faction in this game will go in the "when Vulcan freezes over" category, to tell you the truth...I mean, they can't even complete a second, fancy new ships aside (I was there for the official christening of the Bortas...I still find it amusing that Brandon's KDF ship is called I.K.S. Love Boat). They had to boost the unlock level (and thus the start level) up to compensate.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-06-2012, 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiserhawk View Post
I'm kind of wondering about a Romulan faction, but what exactly can they do with is?

It's a fractured society, yes. But we've already dealt with most, if not all the main factions.

Praetor Taris? Dealt with
Tal Shiar? Dealt With
Empress Sela? Dealt With

there isn't much left.
I've actually thought on this. If I were doing the Romulan faction, it would be much more of a "choose your path" type thing. There would be 4 separate factions within the Romulans in my version and at the beginning you would choose which group to side with (with options to jump ship later).

1. "Return to Glory" faction would basically be about restoring the Empire to it's former glory by any means necessary, but without risking the empire in the process. Missions would be about bringing the various elements of the empire back into the fold and pushing Klingons and Feddies to mind their own damn business. Kind of a neutral faction.

2. "Vengeance Against All" faction would be all about causing as much destruction and chaos as possible in revenge. Anyone who opposes this faction is to be killed or destroyed, and the Federation and Klingons are both equally blamed for what happened and wanted dead.

3. "Peace, Love and Happiness" faction is the one that wants to make peace with the Feds, and more or less side with them in the war against the Klingons.

4. "Conquest" faction sides with the Klingons to get revenge against the Federation.

Honestly you could cut out the last two, but the idea of picking a path amongst the chaotic Romulan faction is what's important. It's a good drive for the story of the faction and keeps things interesting vs the current ones.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-06-2012, 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
they still need to flesh out the klingon faction and they cant even say how many klingon eps will will get this year.
Thought they were done fleshing out the KDF. They added ships, c-store ships at that, and they crunched the levels down to 20 to 50 to make it all fit. And then they're adding a single new episode, which is way more thant they've added fed side recently.

Seems like they're just about done with the KDF right?

Time for Romulans?