Lt. Commander
Hi all,

Many months back I published "Uplift", which seems to have been well received by those who've played it. My intention all along has been to provide both a Federation and a Klingon version of this mission, and this is the result.

Those who have played Uplift on the Federation side will recognise that "yln Chen" continues several days after those events. Structurally much of the mission remains the same, the locations are familiar as are the motives, but I've tried to tailor things to the Klingon Way.

It's not the longest, most involved mission in the world, but I think it's an entertaining run, and I'd certainly appreciate any opinions presented on it.

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-12-2012, 04:54 AM
I enjoyed this mission, had a good plot. Quite a few map changes but it didn't detract from the overall flow of the mission. Nice work.

Only things that were glaring for me were;

- The planet with the research station was quite dark in space with quite a distant blue star but on the ground it was a bright sunny beach planet which didn't make sense to me.
- The button to complete the objective to download the data towards the end had the default 'interact' text, might want to change that to 'Download Data' or something.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-12-2012, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylsy View Post
I enjoyed this mission, had a good plot. Quite a few map changes but it didn't detract from the overall flow of the mission. Nice work.

Only things that were glaring for me were;

- The planet with the research station was quite dark in space with quite a distant blue star but on the ground it was a bright sunny beach planet which didn't make sense to me.
- The button to complete the objective to download the data towards the end had the default 'interact' text, might want to change that to 'Download Data' or something.
Good points. As soon as Holodeck is back up I'll fix the second point and have a play around resolving the first. Also noticed that I left a couple of Starfleet squads using default random uniforms rather than the AGT style I use throughout, so those'll get fixed too.

Any sections that you felt could be expanded on?

If anyone's played "Uplift" on the Federation side, I'd be really interested in how these two missions work as a pair.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-12-2012, 01:23 PM
Nothing springs particularly to mind now, I played 6 foundry missions today so I apologise that I don't remember any further specifics.

The mission was paced very well and was a good length I thought. I played another mission after yours which was a very long, drawn out affair with so many mobs on the go the plot got lost half way through. I much prefer a shorter mission with substance than a mission made unnecessarily long because of throwaway dialogue and overuse of mobs.

I haven't tried Uplift, so I'll play that on my next Foundry session and let you know some more thoughts.