Lt. Commander
# 1 Height (Y-axis)
02-05-2012, 05:25 PM
So I got used to work blindly on a 2D map with manual inserting the height of an object....

...the only problem is, that the foundry engine doesn't allow me to pin-point the y-axis value. I am working on a map placing buildings but inserting 1,2 and 3 in the x-axis field each jump to 3,048. This is not affected by the Terrain/Zero/Geometry setting.

What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: Finally I found it out myself and maybe this thread will someday help someone else checking this
----> If the "snap to grid" option is active, it counts for ALL axis and obviously the Y-axis grid is 3.048 wide
So if you want to work with building blocks, walls or anything else that need to be aligned, you have to FIRST set the heights (including any ramps etc.) right and AFTER that copy/paste the building blocks with "snap to grid"
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2012, 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStoryteller0
So I got used to work blindly on a 2D map with manual inserting the height of an object....

...the only problem is, that the foundry engine doesn't allow me to pin-point the y-axis value. I am working on a map placing buildings but inserting 1,2 and 3 in the x-axis field each jump to 3,048. This is not affected by the Terrain/Zero/Geometry setting.

What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: Finally I found it out myself and maybe this thread will someday help someone else checking this
----> If the "snap to grid" option is active, it counts for ALL axis and obviously the Y-axis grid is 3.048 wide
So if you want to work with building blocks, walls or anything else that need to be aligned, you have to FIRST set the heights (including any ramps etc.) right and AFTER that copy/paste the building blocks with "snap to grid"
Try /LOC, however it has a massive learning curve as you have to convert the numerical value by hand.