Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
In this week's Captain's Log entry, Columnist Terilynn Shull recaps STO in 2011.


Link to the news article.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-06-2012, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Released in early spring of 2011, the series takes place near the Romulan Neutral Zone and revolves around a Reman-led rebellion against Romulan masters.
First time I've seen 'February 5th' qualify as 'Early Spring'.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-06-2012, 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeathenStorm View Post
First time I've seen 'February 5th' qualify as 'Early Spring'.
Other than that part the article was a nice sum-up.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-06-2012, 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post
Other than that part the article was a nice sum-up.
I agree, but would have liked to seen more coverage of what else happened, IE the firestorms about the dil conversion, the ship tokens, both of which were MAJOR events.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-06-2012, 06:42 PM
HI everyone. I appreciate the idea that early Spring isn't February - but my mind was on the last episode which was released in March. To me, that IS early Spring.

I too wish I could have written a lot more as there was SO much more to cover. Alas, I have some limits I'm afraid, which is why I directed people to RachelGarrett's incredible video.

He was able to sum up everything much more beautifully than I.

Thank you for the kind thoughts!

t
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-07-2012, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeathenStorm View Post
First time I've seen 'February 5th' qualify as 'Early Spring'.
Clearly you don't go by the Celtic calendar like some of us. The Celtic calendar shows the start of spring on the 1st or 2nd of February. Though that's not really the point of the article, which made for good reading.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7 Nitpicking Much?
02-07-2012, 09:53 AM
A well-written article about the features of STO, its missions, its locations and how it's come along in the time it's been live...

...and the majority of you choose to fixate and debate on the author's definition of what 'spring' is, in a single throwaway line...

On what's important: Terilynn, nicely written article. It summarizes the positive qualities of STO pretty well without fawning over them, something that can be appreciated by potential players who are still on the fence about whether they should take the free plunge. Good read.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
02-07-2012, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuui View Post
I agree, but would have liked to seen more coverage of what else happened, IE the firestorms about the dil conversion, the ship tokens, both of which were MAJOR events.
I think about 1/4th of the way into the article it became clear the article was focusing only on the positive notes, and none of the negative notes of the past year. And even then the positive notes are not very positive, most of them are just reused/refurbished preexisting content, but the articles twists and spins them in an incredibly positive manner, so it's at least to me, biased in that regard. I'd have preferred if it had balanced itself out with "This is the good they did, but this is the bad they did too"
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
02-08-2012, 07:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor_Forthright View Post
I think about 1/4th of the way into the article it became clear the article was focusing only on the positive notes, and none of the negative notes of the past year. And even then the positive notes are not very positive, most of them are just reused/refurbished preexisting content, but the articles twists and spins them in an incredibly positive manner, so it's at least to me, biased in that regard. I'd have preferred if it had balanced itself out with "This is the good they did, but this is the bad they did too"
Admittedly, it was supposed to be a bit of positive review. If you had read some of my previous columns that focused on the negatives, you might get a clearer picture of why I felt it was important to look on the bright side of things for once.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:26 PM.