Lt. Commander
# 1 STO PVP Website
02-05-2012, 09:07 PM
Greetings PVP community.

I've been playing STO off and on for 2 years now, and have spent quite a bit of time PVPing.

As we all know, Season 6 is rumored to feature a revamp of PVP, and I'm curious as to what Cryptic/Perfect World has in mind for the upgrade.

In thinking about it over the weekend, I decided to give myself a little web-development project. I slapped together a kind of "mock up" website that hopefully suggests some of the features I'd like to see in the upcomming PVP revamp. Things like PVP stats broken down by ship, by captain/toon, a list of your most succesful matches, etc.

Feel free to take a look at the site at:

http://www.king-con.com/sto/sto_pvp_console.asp?char=1

A few caveats:

All of the "data" shown is obviously fictitions, since I have no access to the actual STO databases.

Heh, go easy on me as far as "look and feel", graphics, etc. It was the best I could do over a single weekend, and I probably wont spend much more time on it.

Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2012, 09:20 PM
You sir have a lot of time on your hands. lol kidden

I agree I would love too see some website stat integration with PvP in general.... Lotro still has one of my fav website game integrations... mainly because they worked out a way to rank people and rank the quality of your kills if you will. Granted Star Trek likely can't count Killing Blows... anyway not the point... it might not be all shiny but the meat is there Lelund... here's a link too lotro's board as well.

http://my.lotro.com/home/leaderboard/pvmp
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-05-2012, 09:28 PM
Ty for the effort. See below for some constructive feedback to be taken w/grain of salt

1. You may want to break stats down by Arena vs C&H. C&H could in theory go on indefinately.

2. I would put more emphasis on team information then individual accolades as things like resistance boosting, shield stripping, subsystem disabling, etc won't show up and it may lead to a culture where people chase killboard heals and damage instead of team victory. Similar to your rivalry page, but for teams.

2. a. Players on your team and players on opposing team per match.
b. Most wins w/a specific team (or player if there aren't enough common teammate stats to draw from)
c. Most losses to a specific group (or pairing of players)
d. Most lopsided matches (victory and defeat) - in wins and net damage/heals total, what ships were used
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-06-2012, 12:06 AM
Wow, that is impressive! I would like if cryptic did something similar to that!

NEED MOAR DPS BEFORE SEASON 6 COMES OUT!
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-06-2012, 12:33 AM
cryptic?..pvp?...does not compute
Lt. Commander
# 6 Thanks
02-06-2012, 01:29 PM
Thanks for the responses and suggestions!

Iamid:

I like many of your suggestions: The app should include something like "average # of flags captured per Salvage Op". It also occured to me that the site itself should be broken up into 2 sections, such as "Personal Stats" and "Community". The community section might feature things like a leaderboard, perhaps a "Tournament Builder", fleet rankings, etc.

Also: "Players on your team and players on opposing team per match." - that's exactly what I wanted to show with the "Details" link in the Match Lists, just the same basic info we all see at the end of any match.

Heh, I'd love to design something like that. I wonder if Cryptic ever hires 3rd party developers.

Thanks again for the responses.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-06-2012, 03:23 PM
I apologize for my previous response, it adds nothing to the subject. It was late and I was tired when I posted it, but after watching how cryptic handled pvp in STO over the past 2 years I couldnt help myself.

None the less I do think this is an excellent idea, there has been many times when I wished all of those stats and others were tracked and viewable in one way or another. Others in this thread have offered some good suggestions as far as breaking down the numbers a bit more, personally I'd like to see dmg and heals broken down between shields and hull.

Thanks for taking the time to put this mock-up together, hopefully cryptic takes notice. (fingers crossed)
Lt. Commander
# 8 Added a background
02-06-2012, 09:08 PM
It's amazing how much better a simple bakcground can make a web site look
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-07-2012, 07:32 AM
I would love a feature like this.

I'd also like missions where they pattern an AI after some of the pvp communities ships. Set them to max weapon power, and give them a script based on some of the communities rather lengthy keybinds. It would at least teach people how to survive alphas.
Lt. Commander
# 10 PvP Stats
02-07-2012, 07:25 PM
Very cool website design, LeLund. Something like this in game would be great. However, as an age-old PvPer, I would want all my previous stats, as well. I don't know if Cryptic has that, or can get it. I won't be surprised if they cannot. But, it would be a heck of a lot cooler if they can get our previous stats. One of my favorites of your design is the Rivalry tab. That could be very handy. lol.