Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
OK i was just thinking, if they keep karret open for all levels they should make it where if you are a level 50 character and go into a level below your level the zone should automatically make your weapons, shields, and hull match that zone (So lets say a lieutenant level person has a firepower of 100 and a hull of 2500 and shields of 3500 so they should make the level 50 hull 2500 shields 3500 and weapons 100 divided by how many weapons you have so if you have 8 your weapons would be 12.5 each) and vice verse. I think this will make karret more better to play in and might stop the farming that goes on in the lower level instances,
the main reason i'm saying this is because i was just in karret with my commander doing the mission and a person of level 50 came and shot me down real quick.

Flame all you want....
its just my opinion
Its not like its ever going to be implemented
I just needed to get this off my chest
Thanks....
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2012, 11:05 PM
IIRC, changing instances in Kerrat wasn't supposed to be active, but it is (glitch?)

Makes for excellent dilithium farming, just ignore the level 50 players killing you.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-06-2012, 12:13 AM
I haven't done any pvp at all, now I am scared of trying it because I am lvl 50 and I know I will be blasted away from space if I go to Ker'rat. I am not one to be controlled by my fears though , so I'll just have to go to this place and see what the fuss is all about

I guess there is only one way to become better at PVP.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-06-2012, 12:21 AM
Kerrat is a good place to start off PVPing. Its much more dynamic than a normal PVP que event.

A lot of the time you won't even run into klingons if you are a fed in Kerrat, and klingons have cloak on most of their ships so they can fly around sight unseen and engage at will or not at all.

Its a good way to learn what works and what doesn't.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-06-2012, 07:20 AM
Hehe, I got a feeling I'm gonna get a fistful of education quite soon how are shipped matched? Can any tier 5 ship take out any tier 5 ship? Let's say I run a B'rel bop and spot a odyssey or something similar, can I take it on one on one?
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-06-2012, 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstar_swe
Hehe, I got a feeling I'm gonna get a fistful of education quite soon how are shipped matched? Can any tier 5 ship take out any tier 5 ship? Let's say I run a B'rel bop and spot a odyssey or something similar, can I take it on one on one?
If youre good, you can. If they are worse than you, you can. If they have no shields thanks to borg shield neutralizers and a borg torp spread just hit them and they have 10%hp left, you should.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-06-2012, 10:01 AM
I've been stalking Ker'rat in my new Raptor a lot lately, and I have come across a few cases of really low lvl instances. It is definitely odd. But I did have fun, and not because I was griefing the lvl ~20 Feds, I was instead, flying cloaked cover with another lvl 50 BoP, watching over the lvl ~20 Klingons. Some lvl ~40-50 Fed would try to attack them, and get a nasty surprise courtesy of a Raptor and BoP. It was glorious.

And yes, I did kill my share of low lvl Feds, but my rule is, I won't kill them unless they shoot me first. And like Worf said to Kevin Uxbridge, that takes gall, and I admire gall. I let several of them live just because of how well they managed to fight back.

So in the end, I would have no problem with a system to try and balance out the lvl of all players in an instance, but I have no real problem with the current system, there is potential for a good bit of interesting and fun combat. (Though I can understand why low lvl players would hate it, there are PLENTY of honorless griefers out there.) The biggest problem, I think is that the devs just don't seem to care about PvP enough (And they seem to care about Ker'rat even less.) to put a lot of effort into fixing it right now.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-06-2012, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_House_of_Darok View Post
I've been stalking Ker'rat in my new Raptor a lot lately, and I have come across a few cases of really low lvl instances. It is definitely odd. But I did have fun, and not because I was griefing the lvl ~20 Feds, I was instead, flying cloaked cover with another lvl 50 BoP, watching over the lvl ~20 Klingons. Some lvl ~40-50 Fed would try to attack them, and get a nasty surprise courtesy of a Raptor and BoP. It was glorious.

And yes, I did kill my share of low lvl Feds, but my rule is, I won't kill them unless they shoot me first. And like Worf said to Kevin Uxbridge, that takes gall, and I admire gall. I let several of them live just because of how well they managed to fight back.

So in the end, I would have no problem with a system to try and balance out the lvl of all players in an instance, but I have no real problem with the current system, there is potential for a good bit of interesting and fun combat. (Though I can understand why low lvl players would hate it, there are PLENTY of honorless griefers out there.) The biggest problem, I think is that the devs just don't seem to care about PvP enough (And they seem to care about Ker'rat even less.) to put a lot of effort into fixing it right now.
If I end up in a under 50 instance I do a similar thing for low level feds. I will just take the beating from low level Klinks and if they get to annoying I will fire a burst at them. That has always been enough to make'em think twice.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-06-2012, 01:59 PM
Is it common to be thrown out of the instance you are in? It happened several times, all of a sudden I warp out. I am thinking I might have ended up in a lowbie zone, but there were several lvl 50 there. Weird.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-06-2012, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstar_swe
Is it common to be thrown out of the instance you are in? It happened several times, all of a sudden I warp out. I am thinking I might have ended up in a lowbie zone, but there were several lvl 50 there. Weird.
Once the "mission" to cripple/destroy Borg is done, a 4 minute (or there abouts) timer starts. Once that timer has lapsed, everyone is warped out and back in to a new, fresh instance of the mission.

As to your previous questions... It was a while before I tried PVP, but I knew I was comfortable with my ship, and I actually surprised myself. Sure, I might not have won any glorious victories straight off the bat, but I was far from shamed.

So long as you have good gear and a good build (some abilities are certainly more useful than others, but it will take time to work out which ones) then you should be fine.

The rest is simply a matter of experience, and that will come with time.