Lt. Commander
# 1 A new hope for the Romulans
02-06-2012, 12:12 AM
would it be a good idea to make the Roomulans and Remans as playable charactors and have there own story line oof them rebuilding there home on there new planet?
Lt. Commander
That's what we've been begging to Cryptic for since the Klingon Faction. But they aren't listening. I hope there isn't a Romulan Scimitar Lockbox, then that would be a disaster. Anyway, I don't think Cryptic isn't going to add one for another...who knows how long, they said "We are adding fleet starbases in Season 5!"... Are there Fleet Starbases? Nope. So I don't htink they will add a Romulan faction. Good idea though.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-10-2012, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGalaxy
That's what we've been begging to Cryptic for since the Klingon Faction. But they aren't listening. I hope there isn't a Romulan Scimitar Lockbox, then that would be a disaster. Anyway, I don't think Cryptic isn't going to add one for another...who knows how long, they said "We are adding fleet starbases in Season 5!"... Are there Fleet Starbases? Nope. So I don't htink they will add a Romulan faction. Good idea though.
just for clarity its not about them not listening. they want to add the romulans but they need to finish the klingons first, which is probably the right thing to do.

they did not say fleet starbases would be a certainty for season 5 as they did not tell us very much about it, before they went quiet over the PW buyout and the f2p conversion.

there is some more fleet stuff coming in season 6, but season 5 was only named #5 because of the whole f2p conversion and making it easy to understand. we only knew they were going to call it 5 shortly before it went live. a lot of the stuff we got in 5 was originally still part of 4 that was delayed (ie doffs, dilithium).

in many ways the future season 6 is the what the original season 5 was meant to be.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-12-2012, 04:12 AM
/bump - wanna romulans as playable faction 1- 50
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-12-2012, 04:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by duaths View Post
/bump - wanna romulans as playable faction 1- 50
just a friendly reminder:
bumps are not permitted, they can get you into trouble.

And yes, once they manage to get the Klingons to a level 1-50 quality the Romulans
are a must.
They've got great ships and I hope they get their own unique playstyle.
I wonder what their counterpart to Diplo/Marauding will be...?
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-12-2012, 12:27 PM
Umm.....yes. How the heck can they KDF be fleshed out into a full faction if all the effort is being put into new features and featured episodes? After the newest FE series is over, all development should be refocused on KDF exclusively. There is so much to do on the fed side, esepcially with trying to earn all the accolades, that the Fed side of the house should be put on hold.

Once the KDF faction is complete, a partial PvP Romulan Faction similar to what the KDF was/is should be launched with the same Kill Player/NPC missions. THose missions should be removed once the Romulan faction is fully on par with the Federaion. While not the perfect solution, it is better than waiting for an eternity(if ever) for the Romulans to come around. Something is better than nothing.