Lt. Commander
Calendar says it ends 10AM PST, it says in progress still even.

What gives?
Lt. Commander
Hi there, I'm a F2P user and totally new to STO. I noticed in the calender that the 2 year anniversary event was going from 10 AM PST on 2-3-12 and would end on Monday, 2-6-12 at 10 AM. A couple hours ago, I finally got to level 5 and started up "The Odyssey Class" mission. Unfortunately, the server went down before I completed it.

Now that the server is back up, it seems the event is over. Have I missed the opportunity to obtain this ship or is Cryptic going to do anything for players that are attempting to get it before 10 AM PST? I'm a little bit disappointed, as if I'd had known the event was ending at midnight, I'd have put more effort into leveling last night.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-06-2012, 02:11 AM
I think it is just maintenance, the Q stuff is still planned to end at 10am pacific time. The server should be back online in less than an hour.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-06-2012, 02:12 AM
they can switch events on and off without the need for maintenance. this may be an error if the event has gone away early.

if it is perhaps when they are back in the office they will switch it back on for an extra period to compensate?
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-06-2012, 02:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Doctor.
I think it is just maintenance, the Q stuff is still planned to end at 10am pacific time. The server should be back online in less than an hour.
its up now.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-06-2012, 02:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Doctor.
That's what my topic is regarding - the server is up and all events are over.

Is there still something that needs to be done to 'activate' the event until 10 AM PST? If not, I'll take off for the evening and call it lousy luck and bad communication on Cryptic's behalf. I just don't want to leave and find that the event is reactivated for a few hours, where I'll miss it yet again.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-06-2012, 02:22 AM
I can't believe this happened a second time. Where is BranFlakes?

Can someone please prep the server guys that the batch to remove the 2nd anniversary event was release prematurely? Just like they did with Winter Event all over again.

What is up with all of the miscommunication for these things?!!
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-06-2012, 02:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrrael
That's what my topic is regarding - the server is up and all events are over.

Is there still something that needs to be done to 'activate' the event until 10 AM PST? If not, I'll take off for the evening and call it lousy luck and bad communication on Cryptic's behalf. I just don't want to leave and find that the event is reactivated for a few hours, where I'll miss it yet again.
As Revo stated, it sounds like someone forgot to enable the event when they brought the server back up. How long it will take for this to be noticed and corrected is anybody's guess at this point.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-06-2012, 02:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky_13_X
I can't believe this happened a second time. Where is BranFlakes?

Can someone please prep the server guys that the batch to remove the 2nd anniversary event was release prematurely? Just like they did with Winter Event all over again.

What is up with all of the miscommunication for these things?!!
Brandon is most likely sleeping at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparhawk_Mike
As Revo stated, it sounds like someone forgot to enable the event when they brought the server back up. How long it will take for this to be noticed and corrected is anybody's guess at this point.
welp there goes me getting the ship before 10am.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-06-2012, 02:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Askray View Post
welp there goes me getting the ship before 10am.
To be honest, I wish they offer us an extension due to the extended downtime this past Sat. maybe extend the event to Tuesday instead.
Closed Thread